The Student Room Group

Sixth form application...HELP!

I am writing my personal statement for sixth form and I'm am so confused on what to write. People were telling me it had to be 8000 characters and so far I've not done very much. I have to write three paragraphs. One on why I am applying to that sixth form, the second on my skills and qualities as a person and the third on why I've chosen the subjects I have for A-Level. I am so very confused and would appreciate the help. Thank you :smile:

PS: I have finished the third paragraph completely and I am just wanting to have help on the first and second. Also if someone would be able to read it and check it for me after, it would be amazing!
Original post by anonymous0518
I am writing my personal statement for sixth form and I'm am so confused on what to write. People were telling me it had to be 8000 characters and so far I've not done very much. I have to write three paragraphs. One on why I am applying to that sixth form, the second on my skills and qualities as a person and the third on why I've chosen the subjects I have for A-Level. I am so very confused and would appreciate the help. Thank you :smile:

PS: I have finished the third paragraph completely and I am just wanting to have help on the first and second. Also if someone would be able to read it and check it for me after, it would be amazing!

Well, for your second paragraph, what kind of extracurriculars have you been involved with in the past?

What makes you want to apply to that sixth form? Have you been to an open day and been gripped by something or seen a prospectus or... want to get involved in a club there.. etc
Original post by SeanFM
Well, for your second paragraph, what kind of extracurriculars have you been involved with in the past?

What makes you want to apply to that sixth form? Have you been to an open day and been gripped by something or seen a prospectus or... want to get involved in a club there.. etc

I've put some of my extracurriculars in my third paragraph as they are to do with the options I am choosing. But thank you so much!! This really helped :smile: Would you be able to check it for me after?
Original post by anonymous0518
I've put some of my extracurriculars in my third paragraph as they are to do with the options I am choosing. But thank you so much!! This really helped :smile: Would you be able to check it for me after?

Yeah sure, no problem.

If you don't have other things to talk about in paragraph two then I would suggest moving the ECs there if possible.

Quick Reply

Latest