iGCSE AQA French Writing please help!

Watch
Dewpider
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys, just a little question about my iGCSE French Writing. For my French iGCSE I am aiming for an A*, but I need some advice for my worst out of the 4 exams, writing. I typically do well on listening, reading and oral (normally A*) but writing is just so hard for me. My grades for my past writings range from Bs to As and I want to make sure that I secure that A* so I have begun to address my issue with writing. It's just that when I sit down, I never know what to write. There's all these "A* grade items that you can incorporate into your writing" that my teacher is always talking about, but when I do the exam, my French becomes very basic and monotonous. Is there anything that you can suggest for me to do, in order to improve my writing for my mocks in January? (N.B. I just broke up for Christmas, so I cannot ask my teacher right now...) I would really, really appreciate some advice as a newcomer to TSR and I hope this post can also benefit those who suffer from a similar problem, especially those in the future
BlueEyes15
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey there! I'm not sure how AQA does french exams, but my exam board CCEA makes us prepare and memorize 5 paragraphs of french (before the exam) and then write them under exam conditions without notes. Do you get a 40 word sheet?? If so, fill it with words that are useful to you but make sure they are words that you know you wouldn't remember if you didn't have the sheet. Also, my french teacher is always saying that we should "recycle" phrases and sentences from other french texts, so if you see words or phrases in your french books or textbooks that you think might be A* material, make an effort to learn them and the examiner may give you extra marks! Good luck and also don't revise too much over Christmas, you deserve to relax too!
Dewpider
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueEyes15)
Hey there! I'm not sure how AQA does french exams, but my exam board CCEA makes us prepare and memorize 5 paragraphs of french (before the exam) and then write them under exam conditions without notes. Do you get a 40 word sheet?? If so, fill it with words that are useful to you but make sure they are words that you know you wouldn't remember if you didn't have the sheet. Also, my french teacher is always saying that we should "recycle" phrases and sentences from other french texts, so if you see words or phrases in your french books or textbooks that you think might be A* material, make an effort to learn them and the examiner may give you extra marks! Good luck and also don't revise too much over Christmas, you deserve to relax too!
No, it doesn't work like that for us. We just sit down and write from our brains (we only get a dictionary)... we don't even get to know the topic before.
Dewpider
Rep:
?
BUMP! Please help me, my exam is this Monday and I am extremely nervous. This writing exam is very crucial to me :/
Dewpider
Rep:
?
BUMP!
pluiza05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
We don’t get a dictionary for AQA...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads