The Student Room Group

How to get a body like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by saraxh
How do I work on that that then?

TSR is a waste of time. You should go and live your life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saraxh

Eat more. Fat women buy books, go on stupid diets but it's so god damn simple, if you eat more calories than you use you will gain more weight. Eventually you will have to deal with your mindset, you will get more curvaceous with lifting and eating more, but in 3 months time you will be asking about why your abs are showing less.
Original post by l'etranger
I'm not trying to plug weight lifting like a Jehovah's Witness, but telling her to just get skinny won't cut it, Shakira clearly has curves rather than just being slim.

But she doesn't look like she lifts any real heavy weights. She has an advantage in muscle insertions and her fat deposits. OP should definitely be lifting weights though as I just read how short she is and how much she weighs.
Judging from your picture, you look amazing the way you are. :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by saraxh

You're gonna need a strict diet plan to put some weight on. Remember that you can't focus on gaining weight at a certain part of your body. If you want to work on your legs, you're going to inevitably get a bit of a belly too. For abs, there are soooo many workout programmes on the internet. I also feel like calisthenics tend to give up the definition that people look for nowadays. But remember a lot is to do with your diet.
Original post by Gatewaymerge
But she doesn't look like she lifts any real heavy weights. She has an advantage in muscle insertions and her fat deposits. OP should definitely be lifting weights though as I just read how short she is and how much she weighs.

Trust me she does. For whatever reason people think women get muscles really easily, it's not true she will gain thickness with lifting.

I agree genetics play a role and this something guys deny as much as anyone

The guy on the left is so much more muscular than the guy on the right but the guy on the right will always look more powerful because of his superior genetics.
Original post by King_786

Not her, genius.
Original post by .paak
You're gonna need a strict diet plan to put some weight on. Remember that you can't focus on gaining weight at a certain part of your body. If you want to work on your legs, you're going to inevitably get a bit of a belly too. For abs, there are soooo many workout programmes on the internet. I also feel like calisthenics tend to give up the definition that people look for nowadays. But remember a lot is to do with your diet.

My legs are toned because I go on really long walks.
Original post by King_786

It's Bella Fiori, not me
Reply 29
Original post by saraxh
My legs are toned because I go on really long walks.

If you're happy with your legs then that's great, it's usually quite tough to work on them. Definitely google up calisthenics and if you find a good routine and stick to it then you're guaranteed results
Trust me she does. For whatever reason people think women get muscles really easily, it's not true she will gain thickness with lifting.

The guy on the left is so much more muscular than the guy on the right but the guy on the right will always look more powerful because of his superior genetics.

Have you seen the full pic of the guy on the right? It's quite laughable how wide his hips are so there's a reason why they're cropped out :tongue:.
Reply 31
eat a **** ton of chromosomes
Not here to judge or anything but I thought I'd let you know that your BMI is 17.3 which indicates that you are underweight, so if you are looking to lose weight to look like that I'd seriously advise against it. But if you're looking to bulk up, I guess I'd say just eat more (more specifically proteins) and focus on weights etc. at the gym as opposed to cardio :h:
Start with home workouts. I followed Vicky Justiz when I first started because she's the most realistic fitness model in my opinion but there's lots out there and you just need to find the one who motivates you most. Unless you're focusing on weight loss too, you genuinely don't need to join a gym. My goal was to lose weight with diet first, and now I work to maintain it and reach my protein targets every day which is the most important thing when you're working out.
Yes you have better access to equipment at the gym but for females who just want a big butt and those defined ab lines all you need is motivation, the will power to stick to a certain diet, dumbbells with weights up to 20kg max but even I don't use that much yet, and ankle weights.

Browse YouTube for home workouts and find someone who motivates you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Right now you're too skinny to look like that. Pretty sure Shakira is pretty short (5'3 maybe) but not super skinny, probably has a BMI of 20-21 so regardless of what your body shape is you're gonna have to gain weight if you want to get close to that shape.

After that it will depend a lot on what your natural body shape is. Again, Shakira is pear shaped and naturally curvy - if you're naturally top heavy or straight up and down then you're never going to have the same or similar physique.
Original post by saraxh
It's Bella Fiori, not me

I knew that :u:

Holy crap, those are some poor genetics. I've done craps that have been wider than his clavicles.
No one here knows what your genetics are, what your training history is, how much you sleep, how stressful your life is or how old you are. All if which have an impact on the answer to your question. You basically asked TSR how many strokes are required to c**.
do squats and deadlifts. Also train your back and shoulders to make the waist area look smaller

Quick Reply

Latest