The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I dont have a problem with people making mistakes... what I object to is people telling other people to do them as well!!!
Reply 41
Mad_Monkey59
I dont have a problem with people making mistakes... what I object to is people telling other people to do them as well!!!

I don't have a problem with that at all! I wasn't having a dig at you.

It's just that recently, the fitness threads have turned into a "lets laugh this newbie down, instead of telling him what to do, thus making me look like an true expert" scenario that isn't doing anyone any favours to be honest.
Spider

It's just that recently, the fitness threads have turned into a "lets laugh this newbie down, instead of telling him what to do, thus making me look like an true expert" scenario that isn't doing anyone any favours to be honest.

A problem is that too many open questions are asked, such as 'what routine should I do?' and 'how do I lose fat?'

Another problem is that people don't read up on anything.
Reply 43
Spider

To be honest, I think were getting abit annoyed with the endless threads asking the same thing?

I for one have told people effective ways to train many many times, and now Im at the point where I just cant be bothered anymore. Do a search, or better still, go to a proper bodybuilding website and ask questions.
Exactly, nobody does their own research... and in my opinion, if they want good clear advice they are asking in the wrong place...
Reply 45
And another point..slightly off topic though...

Even though I dont blame poor genetics and use them as an excuse for poor progress, I know full well that the majority of pro bodybuilders( the ones that work their way up to Mr Olympia levels ) do have the insane genetics that makes them put on muscle really easily. The majority of these professionals seem to have got into bodybuilding because they realised this fact. Even though there are a few exceptions to this rule ( ie skinny guys wanting to be big, typical zero to hero story ) there's few of us that will ever get to that pro body builder stage, no matter what steroids we use. So yeah it does bother me that people are quick to dismiss a bodybuilder for using steroids and supplements, while in fact good genetics and training play a huge part in it. Of course I'm talking about big huge guys here, not the average bodybuilder.

Now I'm not saying that any skinny guys can't get big; of course we can. In fact there is nothing stopping us getting big over time. But sometimes we have to accept that some guys will be bigger than us, and instead of blaming it on everything under the sun, we should just face the fact that they have the genetic advantage.

Just need to get that rant off my chest..
Its a shame that all the pros (and I mean all the pros) are on roids... it has damaged the sport beyond repair.

I still remember the feeling when I realized I could never be as big or as succesful as a pro without being on steroids and sacrificing the very thing I got into the sport for... my health.

Bodybuilding is the cruelist sport ever as it is the most genetically dependant. Add to that the fact that the premier bbers are users it sets the standards even higher, basically if u aren't a user and a genetic freak you will never be as big as your hero... the effect of this is devestating on many young bbers, genetics are one thing, drug use is quite another.

I still remember the day a friend asked me if I was on roids because I went to the gym and was fairly big... he then went on to say 'well you have to take roids if you want to be big... look at Vin Diesel - how do you think he got so big'... Fuking idiot was my initial reaction, but then you realize this is the opinion of the generally uninformed public. They link size to drug use... because they associate the sport with drug use and so assume anyone of any decent size is a user.

So bodybuilders have brought this upon themselves, they created a culture in which to compete you have to use, and so have darkened the sport to the public, and have lost the respect they deserve, because taking drugs is cheating... the future of the sport is dark my friends...
Reply 47
Mad_Monkey59
Its a shame that all the pros (and I mean all the pros) are on roids... it has damaged the sport beyond repair.

I still remember the feeling when I realized I could never be as big or as succesful as a pro without being on steroids and sacrificing the very thing I got into the sport for... my health.

Bodybuilding is the cruelist sport ever as it is the most genetically dependant. Add to that the fact that the premier bbers are users it sets the standards even higher, basically if u aren't a user and a genetic freak you will never be as big as your hero... the effect of this is devestating on many young bbers, genetics are one thing, drug use is quite another.

I still remember the day a friend asked me if I was on roids because I went to the gym and was fairly big... he then went on to say 'well you have to take roids if you want to be big... look at Vin Diesel - how do you think he got so big'... Fuking idiot was my initial reaction, but then you realize this is the opinion of the generally uninformed public. They link size to drug use... because they associate the sport with drug use and so assume anyone of any decent size is a user.

So bodybuilders have brought this upon themselves, they created a culture in which to compete you have to use, and so have darkened the sport to the public, and have lost the respect they deserve, because taking drugs is cheating... the future of the sport is dark my friends...

ANB, BNBF, both do drug testing, so its nt as if u need to be on gear to achieve shit.
I meant major tournaments like Olympia and Mr Universe etc... I can't think of one contender at this years Olympia who hasn't given out their steroid cycle at one point or another.
Reply 49
Mad_Monkey59
I meant major tournaments like Olympia and Mr Universe etc... I can't think of one contender at this years Olympia who hasn't given out their steroid cycle at one point or another.

I dont think they even go on cycles anymore, just on the gear all year round these days arent they?
lol... probably... no doubt Greg Valentino is anyway
Reply 51
Mad_Monkey59
lol... probably... no doubt Greg Valentino is anyway

omg i just googled that dude.. man thats rank! hes built so much it looks abnormal man; thats disgusting

Mod Expression - Language
Reply 52
kikzen
omg i just googled that dude.. man thats rank! hes built so much it looks abnormal man; thats disgusting

Hes abnormal even to the other steroid takers in the olympia and stuff. Lets get this straight, no bodybuilders look normal, unless theyre natural. That guy is no more of a freak than ronnie coleman in my eyes, the phyqiues of people who take steroids is just absolutely disgusting to me.

Mod Expression - Quotation Language
Reply 53
I just see their steroid use as a part of their training and respect them for it. It's not like they have an unfair advantage; they all use steroids. ( ie in a given tournament) The fact that they're prepared to risk their health for success shows their dedication.
Reply 54
Spider
I just see their steroid use as a part of their training and respect them for it. It's not like they have an unfair advantage; they all use steroids. ( ie in a given tournament) The fact that they're prepared to risk their health for success shows their dedication.

It shows theyre mentally deficient. Anyone seen the video 'Cost of redemption' by ronnie coleman? The guy takes over 200 pills a day to keep his physique. Actually almost made me sick seeing the tray of pills he has to take everyday
Its not just steroids Valentino is on... he's just about everything going... especially Synthol... which is a oily product which sits between the skin and the muscle to make it look bigger.

It is exactly this reasoning that has put bbing in the state it is... because it is accepted, and therefore not tested for it will put everyone involved in the sport at risk.
Reply 56
I always find synthol a bit of a dodgy issue. Perhapos it's because I don't know much about it, but using steroids seems less like "cheating" rather than injecting some oil into your muscles to make them baloon.
You hear all sorts of stories aout it though, like people injecting it straight into their veins and suffering the consequences.

Latest

Trending

Trending