brianyehbear
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi! I have received offer for Economics from both Warwick and Bath, I heard Warwick is better academically but Bath has a better environment (and view I guess). Which one would you choose?
DarkEnergy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by brianyehbear)
Hi! I have received offer for Economics from both Warwick and Bath, I heard Warwick is better academically but Bath has a better environment (and view I guess). Which one would you choose?
I'd personally choose Warwick, just because it is a target uni for investment banking but aside from that their reputations + grad prospects are pretty similar.

You're best off visiting each uni (if they do post-offer visit days) and seeing for yourself where you'd like to go for the next 3 years.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

Congratulations on both your offers!

In my opinion one of the most important things to consider when choosing a university is location and what type of city you would like to live in. Bath, being a World Heritage site, is a beautiful and picturesque city to live in with lots of shops and restaurants, and offering plenty to do (for ideas you can take a look at Bath Leap List). With over 15,000 students at the University of Bath, there is also plenty to get involved in through the Student’s Union; whether this be societies, sports or volunteering.

Bath is a campus university, which is great as it offers facilities such as accommodation, a shop, the SU, sports facilities, the library, bars, cafes and teaching facilities all in one place. There are 24 hour bus services that run during term time which take you from campus into town, and the transport links are also great - I've visited Bristol several times on the train and it is very cheap and accessible. The campus itself is fairly small and compact in comparison to other universities, however this is something that I really like about Bath; as it means the university has a real community feel and offers a very friendly, cosy and safe environment to study in. I would definitely recommend coming to look at the campus for yourself, as it personally really helped me to decide whether I could see myself studying here!

If you have any other questions please feel free to quote me!

Beth
Cryptographic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in the same position as you, and I'm going to go for Bath because the academics aren't too different (although Warwick is definitely ahead), but the city of Bath smashes Leamington Spa out of the water.
Rohit_Rocks10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Warwick is undoubtedly at a higher ranking as it is an RG uni, but looking at the career prospects, Bath is leading. http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...&i=1179&i=1383
University of Bath
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,

Congratulations for receiving an offer, I am a second year International Management student here at the University of Bath. I understand that a representative has already answered your question, however Bath and Warwick were also my final two choices. I chose Bath as my first choice largely because of the applicant day, do make sure that you take the time to visit both of the applicant days if possible as it gives you a brilliant opportunity to visualise yourself at the universities. Although I was very fond of Warwick and the campus, Bath felt like a place where I would be much more comfortable. You can spend hours comparing endless amounts of statistics, but really choosing either would not be a bad option, it is about being the most comfortable and happy while you study.

In response to your comments on the academics, my experience so far has been very positive. All of my lecturers have been very knowledgable in their field and expand above and beyond the core reading. My lecturers are also incredibly approachable, if you are unsure about anything we are free to speak with them during breaks or go to their office throughout the week. Many of my lecturers know me by name, which I feel is rather unique when compared with other universities.

Other comments reflect careers, I can't speak directly for the economics careers support. I would however argue that many of the top employers visit campus, including investment banks such as Goldman Sachs. A good friend of mine has recently been offered a place with an investment bank from Management, it is certainly achievable.

I hope that this helps,
Hayden
Buymoria
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where else you applied to/got offers from?
k.ush
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What did you get for GCSE and AS if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
brianyehbear
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Buymoria)
Where else you applied to/got offers from?
(Original post by k.ush)
What did you get for GCSE and AS if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am still waiting for offers from LSE, and received an offer from Warwick, Bath and Leeds.

GCSE 4 A* 1 A (one year GCSE)
AS A A
A2 A A (achieved) A*A*A*(predicted)
University of Bath
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

I'm a second year Computer Science student at Bath. Whilst I don't do the course in question, I can certainly offer my opinion on Bath in general.

I've really enjoyed my time here. The lecturers are very enthusiastic about their respective fields and the university is a friendly environment. I loved living on campus in first year as it was really convenient to have everything in one place (restaurants, cafes, a bank etc). Bath is a small city compared to the likes of Manchester or London but I find there's always something to do. Aside from being a world heritage site, the city has lots of restaurants, shops, pubs, clubs and so on so you never get bored. When you want to experience another city, Bristol and Cardiff are 20 mins and an hour away respectively and are less than £10 to visit from Bath Spa, and when you fancy a weekend trip to the capital the SU offers £12 coaches to London Victoria. It's been a great experience moving out into private accommodation in second year and managing my time better due to more commitments, Bath's placement scheme is incredibly well respected. I managed to secure a placement working in the Tech division of an Investment Bank starting in June.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Chris
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 1 April 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 1 Apr '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 10 June 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 10 Jun '20
  • University of Bath
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 19 Jun '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (293)
65.55%
No (154)
34.45%

Watched Threads