Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    No but smoking is legal, shooting people isn't!!!!!!!!
    Smoking is killing people, as are guns however the key difference lies in the legality of the concept!
    Since when has killing people on the battlefield been illegal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Who mentioned war?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Who mentioned war?
    Well, it was sort of intimated vis-a-vis the UK armaments industry.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it was sort of intimated vis-a-vis the UK armaments industry.
    So you want to compare war with smoking? Sounds about right, they both kill people and are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    So you want to compare war with smoking? Sounds about right, they both kill people and are stupid.
    At least the latter can be controlled by the individual.

Any mention of passive smoking is prohibited in your response.
    Hehe, what to say now?

ReputationRep:
    At least the latter can be controlled by the individual.

Any mention of passive smoking is prohibited in your response.
    Hehe, what to say now?
    It cant be entirely controlled by the individual, you seem to have missed the idea that smoking is addictive due to that little component nicotine, and how can you prohibit me from adding half of my arguement :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    It cant be entirely controlled by the individual, you seem to have missed the idea that smoking is addictive due to that little component nicotine, and how can you prohibit me from adding half of my arguement :rolleyes:
    I have to set some ground rules, lest I open myself up to criticisism.

Whose decision is it to smoke in the first instance? The individual's.

On whose terms is it that the nation goes to war, or alternatively, decides to supply arms and thus immerse poor countries in brutal warfare? The state's - not the individual.

Passive smoking and the addictiveness of nicotine, in the first instance of smoking, are an irrelevance.

ReputationRep:
    smokers smoke just to piss off non-smokers and give them something to complain about...seriously that is the only reason.

ReputationRep:
    When the war is illegal

ReputationRep:
    Semi-random thought: ever since I gave up, I've wondered whether snogging a smoker really is like licking an ashtray. I've never had the opportunity to find out first hand as I've only ever gone out with good boys who don't! So if anyone can shed any light on this..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Semi-random thought: ever since I gave up, I've wondered whether snogging a smoker really is like licking an ashtray. I've never had the opportunity to find out first hand as I've only ever gone out with good boys who don't! So if anyone can shed any light on this..
    I would do more than just snog Britney Spears. Make of that what you will...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.