Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

Ive got a psychometric test & a interview on the 07/09/2007 on my birthday! how..convient? But anyways, Just wondering what to expect at the interview & long long it will take etc...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam2k7)
    Hello all,

Ive got a psychometric test & a interview on the 07/09/2007 on my birthday! how..convient? But anyways, Just wondering what to expect at the interview & long long it will take etc...

Thanks
    Happy birthday in advance. Maybe if you explained your situation? What service/branch/application type people might be able to help?

QM

ReputationRep:
    Ah im sorry Quiet_Mason, I've applied to join the Royal Marine Commandos they are part of the Royal Navy. They are the Navys amphibious infantry, i handed my application form in last week and got a letter today telling me to come to a interview and a psychometric. I know what the psychometric is going to be all about, was just wondering if anyone knew about the questions asked of me on my interview.

Anymore information needed just ask.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam2k7)
    Ah im sorry Quiet_Mason, I've applied to join the Royal Marine Commandos they are part of the Royal Navy. They are the Navys amphibious infantry, i handed my application form in last week and got a letter today telling me to come to a interview and a psychometric. I know what the psychometric is going to be all about, was just wondering if anyone knew about the questions asked of me on my interview.

Anymore information needed just ask.

Thanks
    Don't be sorry I didn't read the tittle properly (I'm in a blind panic about my filter tomorrow). Don't worry I know who the Marines are, my cousin is one - they are excellent.

Sorry I can't help though, good luck either way.

QM.

ReputationRep:
    Try here mate - http://www.mfat.co.uk/forums/viewfor...f5ba044c07175b there's a lot of information in these forums, take the time to have a good look for the answers. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well ive fairly recently taken a test like this for the RAF. They are testing your ability to learn, aptitude and personality traits. if your tests are like mine then it will probably involve things like having a shape on a screen then moving the shape and testing if you can picture what it wld look like in a different angle, um.... a bit of maths that sort of thing perhaps if you bought a book (i bought this one and i passed) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Tes...8335368&sr=8-8 then you can get a better idea. everytime the raf has thrown something at me ive usually found the answer in a book somewhere - if you like books though :P. all the best, let us know how you get along.

just_lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just_lad)
    hmmm well ive fairly recently taken a test like this for the RAF. They are testing your ability to learn, aptitude and personality traits. if your tests are like mine then it will probably involve things like having a shape on a screen then moving the shape and testing if you can picture what it wld look like in a different angle, um.... a bit of maths that sort of thing perhaps if you bought a book (i bought this one and i passed) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practice-Tes...8335368&sr=8-8 then you can get a better idea. everytime the raf has thrown something at me ive usually found the answer in a book somewhere - if you like books though :P. all the best, let us know how you get along.

just_lad
    Yea I've got that book. It's pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a familiar book from my mother which will hopefully help, the marines also sent me a handy booklet to let me know what im getting myself into. Also its my 18th birthday for my interview and test should be memorable!

Ad

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.