The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Early Years/Primary Education with QTS

Hi!

If anyone is looking into applying to Edge Hill, has applied or has got an offer it would be nice to hear from you! If you have any questions about the interviews etc. i am here!

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi! I have an interview for a Primary education PGCE next month.. What was your interview like? Especially the individual interview? Thanks!
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lwillis
Hi! I have an interview for a Primary education PGCE next month.. What was your interview like? Especially the individual interview? Thanks!

As i didn't go for the PGCE course, i don't know if i will be much help!

However, you do a simple 40 minute test on basic English, Maths and Science skills (i would estimate Grade C skills) and then a 40 minute written paper - these all went okay so don't be worried if you have to do these!

The individual interview was very calm so don't be nervous! When i had mine we had three students in a room at the same time so it didn't feel like the spotlight was just on you. The women were extremely friendly also!

My piece of advice is to just be honest when answering the questions - answer how you want to rather than how you think they want them to be answered! There is no right or wrong answer!

Good luck and don't hesitate to contact me again if you need help - and definitely let me know how it went!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending