Overwork in the christmas holidays?

Watch this thread
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I'm currently in Year 11 and straight on the Christmas holidays, literally starting the day we get back, we have mocks. These mocks inform our predicted grades for colleges so they're pretty important.
I made a revision plan of all my subjects over the Christmas holidays. Problem is, looking at all the work I had to do made me feel physically sick and Christmas is feeling pretty stale. Am I overworking? Is that a literal danger? Should these mocks matter that much? I have hours and hours of work planned for every day except for Sunday, Christmas day and Boxing day...
See I'm torn between- this is the most important thing ever and it's my future and I MUST not fail; and not caring at all (because everyone says GCSEs are easy as heck and A levels are the difficult ones) and then feeling guilty...
habeas.corpus
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
It's quite easy to coast through GCSE's and hours upon hours of revision is not necessary. A-levels are definitely a step up. In reagrds to revising for GSCE mocks, I'd say no more than 5-6 hours a day. Make sure you take breaks and relax, otherwise you will burnout.
jas-xo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm in the exact same boat as you!!! I'm so nervous because I feel like I don't have enough time to revise everything and complete my notes & it's completely stressing me out ((

I have created a revision timetable and my hours of studying are gonna be similar to a school day but obviously I have made some adjustments. Don't work yourself too much because you will do more harm than good so take regular breaks, drink plenty of water and closer to Christmas have those days off because you will totally deserve it from working so hard. I'm planning on treating my holidays very similar to yours and I feel somewhat relieved that I'm not the only going through this.
I hope everything works out for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeepInTheMeadow
Rep:
(Original post by jas-xo)
I'm in the exact same boat as you!!! I'm so nervous because I feel like I don't have enough time to revise everything and complete my notes & it's completely stressing me out ((

I have created a revision timetable and my hours of studying are gonna be similar to a school day but obviously I have made some adjustments. Don't work yourself too much because you will do more harm than good so take regular breaks, drink plenty of water and closer to Christmas have those days off because you will totally deserve it from working so hard. I'm planning on treating my holidays very similar to yours and I feel somewhat relieved that I'm not the only going through this.
I hope everything works out for you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, you too!

Just a bump because I would love to know some more opinions on this.
camfanclash
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm in a similar situation to you, we have all our mocks crammed into the week we go back too (except Languages, which we did this term)--I'm going to go all out over Christmas and after the mocks relax a bit before the final exams. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
CraigBackner
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DeepInTheMeadow)
So I'm currently in Year 11 and straight on the Christmas holidays, literally starting the day we get back, we have mocks. These mocks inform our predicted grades for colleges so they're pretty important.
I made a revision plan of all my subjects over the Christmas holidays. Problem is, looking at all the work I had to do made me feel physically sick and Christmas is feeling pretty stale. Am I overworking? Is that a literal danger? Should these mocks matter that much? I have hours and hours of work planned for every day except for Sunday, Christmas day and Boxing day...
See I'm torn between- this is the most important thing ever and it's my future and I MUST not fail; and not caring at all (because everyone says GCSEs are easy as heck and A levels are the difficult ones) and then feeling guilty...
whats your timetable like
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
GCSEs only feel easy after you have completed them, don't listen to those people. If you want majority A-A*s then you need to find what works for you.
DeepInTheMeadow
Rep:
(Original post by CraigBackner)
whats your timetable like
If I end up following it, it could be 7 hours or more every day except the 25th, 26th and Sunday.
Ncham
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
If I end up following it, it could be 7 hours or more every day except the 25th, 26th and Sunday.
:doh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (127)
67.2%
No (40)
21.16%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.64%

Watched Threads