Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

well recently, I've been thinking and I've had an idea of a product which I could theoretically make, and would make lots of money, hopefully. I'm not gonna say what it is for obviouse reasons, but I was just wondering if anyone could help me?

The trouble is I just don't know where to start , all the stuff about patenting, desging protocols etc I just don't have a clue. I was wondering if anyone had been in a similar position and knows any useful websites or any general tips about how to go about it?

Thanks,

Michelle

ReputationRep:
    No ideas at all?

ReputationRep:
    Is it a product or a service etc?
    Do you honestly think people would pay for it?
    Do you have the money for a prototype or the skills to make one yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Keep thinking

ReputationRep:
    This story might be useful for you:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6494903.stm

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a working prototype? This is where you need to start, so you have something to show people. If you can make this yourself thats good. How much money do you have to launch this?

ReputationRep:
    In answer to the above,

Its a product, pretty simple idea. I don't have a protype, because although its simple I just don't know how an earth I could make it, so clearly I dont have the skills. At the moment all it is is an idea. Currently Im just surfing the net to try find out more, though its not being very productive

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to get a prototype designed first. Might be worth contacting your local university's engineering department and see if they can help design and build one. That's gonna be the cheapest route.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.