tim13131313
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey peps; i have a mock exam on Monday and was wondering if anyone has done these two questions, if so please share with me as i am struggling (as per with politics)
the judiciary is becoming increasingly independent discuss (25 marks)

the PMS power is constrained in a coalition government discuss (25 marks)

ive done the two five mark questions for these if this would be of use to anyone

Explain the term parliamentary soverginity (5marks)

Parliamentary sovereignty is a principle of the UK constitution. It makes Parliament the supreme legal authority in the UK, which can create or end any law. Generally, the courts cannot overrule its legislation and no Parliament can pass laws that future Parliaments cannot change. Parliamentary sovereignty is the most important part of the UK constitution. There are some constraints on parliamentary sovereignty within the uk; including executive power, European union and the human rights act.

Explain the term collective responsibility (5 marks)

The cabinet theoretically a united body. Ministers are usually members of the same part who stood on an agreed manifesto at the general election. However the sense of unity is undermined by departmental and personal rivalries. As well as being memevbrs of the government, ministers are also heads of government deprtments, whose inntrests they fight for in cabinet. Collective responsibility is a core principle of collective government, it is the convention that all member’s of the government are responsible as a group. It has three main elements; discussions in government should be kept secret, decisions made in government are binding on all ministers (senior ministers who have resigned because of their disagreement with government policy include sir Geoffrey Howe (1990) and robin cook (2003) )the government as a whole must resign if defeated on a vote of confidence in parliament .

these are questions form the 2016 exam btw
tim13131313
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
has anyone done the questions?
niamhdoesmaths
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there, I've just moved this thread so you might be more likely to get a response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads