The Student Room Group

Corbyn appoints ex-Simon Féin staffer.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/14/sinn-fein-staffer-set-join-jeremy-corbyns-team/amp/

So that's it for the Labour, unless they elect a new leader, the party is done for.

No direction, no leadership, not in touch with its party members and the working people - a shambles.

Expect a landslide Tory win in 2020 :smile:
All Governments need a decent Opposition, even though I don't really support Labour they need a proper leader ... either that, or a whole new Opposition.
Reply 2
Original post by Mathemagicien
I don't know why you've got a smiley face there; a landslide Tory win would be disastrous.

Maybe because I'm a Tory and I don't want to see my country ruled by Labour? Corbyn as PM would be the end.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Maybe because I'm a Tory and I don't want to see my country ruled by Labour? Corbyn as PM would be the end.

But governments need their feet holding to the fire by effective oppositions.
Reply 4
Original post by nulli tertius
But governments need their feet holding to the fire by effective oppositions.

And by 'effective oppositions' you mean Corbyn? :lol:

Labour desperately need a new leader.

Goodness no. He is a textbook example of ineffective opposition. The first thing an opposition needs to be is a credible alternative government. That doesn't mean it has to be politically similar but to be a government which people believe could be elected. People could have seen Tony Benn or even Derek Hatton as PM. They laugh at the thought of Corbyn as PM.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6

Labour desperately need a new leader.

Have you seen how many people turned up to Corbyn's rallies? And Corbyn won by a great majority on the last two Labour leadership elections. It's pure propaganda that Corbyn is a bad leader. He has a huge following and hundreds of thousands of supporters worldwide.

Labour became corrupt with all of the Blairites in it, which obviously caused conflict when Corbyn got in because he has left-wing views.

Ultimately you're never going to accept anything positive anyone says about him, because you're a Tory and you're right-wing and you're probably middle class and money-minded.

On another note, I don't think your precious Theresa May should be PM. She wasn't voted in democratically. While we do vote for parties, it is more the parties' leaders that win them the position of ruling party. We didn't vote for Theresa May.
Reply 7
'Ex-Simon Féin' :rofl:

Your spelling of Sinn is great.
Original post by Airmed

actually, Simon Fein is a football player
http://www.transfermarkt.com/simon-fein/profil/spieler/418006
who plays defence jn the German Kreisliga A for SF Höhr-Grenzhausen
http://www.fussball.de/verein/sf-hoehr-grenzhausen-rheinland/-/id/00ES8GNB8G0000C6VV0AG08LVUPGND5I#!/section/stage

I didn't know that Corbyn followed the German Kreisliga A.
In any case, Simon Fein is only 27, so hardly an ex-player.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by mariachi
actually, Simon Fein is a football player
http://www.transfermarkt.com/simon-fein/profil/spieler/418006
who plays defence jn the German Kreisliga A for SF Höhr-Grenzhausen
http://www.fussball.de/verein/sf-hoehr-grenzhausen-rheinland/-/id/00ES8GNB8G0000C6VV0AG08LVUPGND5I#!/section/stage

I didn't know that Corbyn followed the German Kreisliga A.
In any case, Simon Fein is only 27, so hardly an ex-player.

:laugh:
Original post by Airmed

Your spelling of Sinn is great.

:lol: Only just noticed that

I posted it via mobile, I think my phone doesn't like Irish nationalism.
Original post by Amefish
Have you seen how many people turned up to Corbyn's rallies? And Corbyn won by a great majority on the last two Labour leadership elections. It's pure propaganda that Corbyn is a bad leader. He has a huge following and hundreds of thousands of supporters worldwide.

Ever heard of preaching to the choir?

That's all Corbyn can do. He alienates everyone else. If Labour want to get in then they have to appeal to people who wouldn't normally vote for them and, put simply, Corbyn doesn't and won't appeal to those people.
Labour also are extremely unlikely to win a General without Scotland, and as they vote solely SNP it's another lost cause.

Yeah, a few thousand people turn up to rallied. And a good proportion of the Labour party membership voted for Corbyn. That's fine. But winning the country requires millions of votes.

Labour stand zero chance of getting them.

Your point about Theresa May is redundant. It's not our fault you don't understand/accept the way British politics works.
We didn't vote for Brown, either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
:lol: Only just noticed that

I posted it via mobile, I think my phone doesn't like Irish nationalism.

:rofl:

They're all sellouts as far as I'm concerned, and I am an Irish nationalist. :laugh:

Tories arent really much better, even if you try and push the cliche anti left rhetoric, that doesnt change the fact that tories single handedly trashed this country and both blair and brown did far more to help this country than Cameron.
Original post by bigbattygal
Tories arent really much better, even if you try and push the cliche anti left rhetoric, that doesnt change the fact that tories single handedly trashed this country and both blair and brown did far more to help this country than Cameron.

Blair is a vile human being who was obsessed with power and Brown had to pick the pieces up. Most Labour PMs in recent history have been awful.

I'm ready to stand behind the Tories, and so are millions of others. Labour has no chance in hell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending