Turn on thread page Beta

"...I'm More Of A Fan Than You~!..." watch

ReputationRep:
    well, there's at some level yes, eg, glory hunter, trend follower etc compared to your regular fan but other than that not really.

there are fans that are more active, doesn't mean they are better. probably that they have more money or are willing to spend more money on football rather than anything else. more dedicated isn't always the right word. there are some that are fantastically dedicated and know more, but they really love the club and the game and don't get all caught up about it. they normally are fantastically interesting people to listen to and their massive enthuisiasm can run off on to you. they never make you feel inferior tho.

but there are some absolute tools, sounds like you found one. you're done nowt wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You get a lot of fans who dont actually know that much about their club but go to games for the buzz of watching their team win. It's interesting when they do interviews outside the grounds and its often funny how little some fans know. Now I know Man City made loads of new signings but quite a few of the fans when asked couldnt name any of them. That is fair enough but they often brand fans who dont go to games as 'fakes' when infact these 'fake' fans often are far more knowledgeable about the club. It's even the instance that some of these 'real' fans that are driving people away

ReputationRep:
    I hate fans like the sort you mentioned.

All I can say is that a good fan is one who supports their club for the right reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a season ticket mainly because its hard to get one and I don't go to many games because I cant find the time to get the tickets, but I believe im a great fan of LFC. People I know say how many games have you been to? As if to be a "proper" fan you have a season ticket and travel across the country to games. I mean when you do go to matches and you over hear conversations most of the fans dont know what they are talking about! I wouldnt change who I support whether we were in the Prem or in the Unibond! Im Liverpool through and through and nothing will change that. You get these glory hunting ******** who support who ever has won the league the year before! Hate "fans" like the one you mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    A good fan lets the beautiful game toy with his/her emotions to no end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    A good fan lets the beautiful game toy with his/her emotions to no end.
    :rock:

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand fans like the one you described.They are the ones who are actually inferior.
    Personally, i think the best fan's are the ones who support their team the best. Fan's who get behind the team even if they are losing 4-0. Fan's who would honestly still support their team if they droped down to league 2. And fan's who don't automatically BOO and get on the players back's just because the team arn't playing well.:yy:

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who think because they go to more games they're better. Its a bit snobbish, they get to games because they have the money!

I spent over £800 last year on games, for a 19 year old student thats a bit steep! So i missed a home cup tie for financial reasons, does that make someone who could afford to go a better fan? dont think so.

People who make an effort and live and breath their club are the best fans. Its not about going to all the away games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kil-Kev)
    I hate people who think because they go to more games they're better. Its a bit snobbish, they get to games because they have the money!
    This may be controvesrial..but being a good fan is about going the game. And they dont get to more games than you because they have more money. That may be the reason behind you not attending more games, but a lot of 'fans' just cant be assed.

If i was talking to a group of people about football, i would value the opinion of a match going fan a lot more than the opinion of someone who watches the game from the comfort of his couch.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. People who are armchair supporters can't be good fans. Lots of people who don't go the match can go but can't be bothered. True, some good fans can't go because of financial reasons etc. but a lot who can go don't.

ReputationRep:
    i support spurs but i live in devon, i dont have a season ticket, but go up with my dad at least once a year. when you have to travel like that money does play a part.

but i guess there are fans who go up to newcastle, sunderland, middlesbrough etc, which takes more time and money than home games so they must be better fans than me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xX_JIMI_Xx)
    i support spurs but i live in devon, i dont have a season ticket, but go up with my dad at least once a year. when you have to travel like that money does play a part.

but i guess there are fans who go up to newcastle, sunderland, middlesbrough etc, which takes more time and money than home games so they must be better fans than me?
    More time and money doesnt equal a better fan at all. Your getting confused. More games = Better fan imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    More time and money doesnt equal a better fan at all. Your getting confused. More games = Better fan imo.
    Very simplified but yes. You should really factor in how easy it is to get to games though. Someone who borrows their dad's season ticket five times a season when their dad can't go but doesn't really support the club would be one exception, but there are less extreme ones too

ReputationRep:
    This may be controvesrial..but being a good fan is about going the game. And they dont get to more games than you because they have more money. That may be the reason behind you not attending more games, but a lot of 'fans' just cant be assed.

If i was talking to a group of people about football, i would value the opinion of a match going fan a lot more than the opinion of someone who watches the game from the comfort of his couch.
    no my comments have nothing to do with people who can go who dont, its looking down upon those who cant go, like with my own example.

I know both sets and both sides have to be looked at

ReputationRep:
    It's about supporting your team. When you can, you go the match. When the new kits out, you buy it. Fan=Supporter. Are you really supporting your team? =]
    Having said that, there's alot of snobs in the world, don't let it get to you :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, some people just can't make it all the games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    It's about supporting your team. When you can, you go the match. When the new kits out, you buy it. Fan=Supporter. Are you really supporting your team? =]
    Having said that, there's alot of snobs in the world, don't let it get to you :yy:
    Never buy the kits, you a better fan than me?

ReputationRep:
    Never buy the kits, you a better fan than me?
    Nope, i'm just stating it's about supporting your club. =]
    I never bought last seasons away kit because it was horrible haha.

ReputationRep:
    Oops.

ReputationRep:
    Not always you don't. This is one thing that pisses me off at times. I've been told before that I'm not a proper fan purely because I didn't buy a kit several seasons in a row, and said I most likely wouldn't be buying a kit that season too. IMHO I am more of a fan than the guy who said that to me (what with having a ST and having been to a lot of home games and the odd away, and him none). You don't have to buy/have the kit to support your team, hell they didn't use to sell replica kits back in the day.

You support a club when you go through all the emotions with them, joy, relief, anger, sadness, ecstasy, hell even shed a tear over them, be it results or historical events. With football you experience it all.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.