Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :mad: im back in a relationship with my ex bf of 2 yrs, we started going out again. he asked me through text msg, it was really sweet but it was a text, is that stupid? but anyways we dont see eachother alot only like every other weekend if were lucky, but to top it off, we dont even talk on the phone. we went to high school together so we seen eachother every day but now it sucks cuz i moved and live so far. we chilled with eachother couple weeks ago and he told me he still had feelings and yesterday he asked me out again but he friggin never calls, and i never call him. but believe it or not i do luv him, he was my 1st luv, i just dont like talking on the phone with him and i dont know why. he says he needs me in his life, i told him we could be friends but he doesnt seem to want that, he wants more. and i know i need him in my life *ugh* wats my question? i just know i feel more complete being his gf it just feels right but we dont talk why the hell have a relationship? no point?

ReputationRep:
    This is a case where "talk to him" will do you loads of good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Agreed communication is the key.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes. :ditto: Communicate with him. I think you love him but it's not a relationship type of love. You will always feel somethng for your first love. I think he's a bit attached to you but you aren't as attached to him. For the time being, you should talk it out with him. Tell him you guys need ways of communicating more. If it's not the phone why not email or im?

ReputationRep:
    he doesnt go on the computer

ReputationRep:
    In the same paragraph you complained that you dont talk on the phone and also said you don't like talking on the phone.

Er... well that makes sense!

ReputationRep:
    You have to call him then hun, I hate to say it but it might be the only way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    In the same paragraph you complained that you dont talk on the phone and also said you don't like talking on the phone.

Er... well that makes sense!
    i know what i said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto_chicka)
    i know what i said.
    Then you also know its a complete contradiction.
    Why complain you dont get something you dont like in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    ill let you into a secret...i have yet to meet a man who rings his girlfriend all the time!!

men generally don't see the point in phone calls, and if you're just phoning for a chit chat then there'll just be awkward silences!

i personally think unless you have something urgent to tell him then don't even try phoning him. text is the next best thing, its still communication and even though you don't hear the sound of his voice you still get to know how his day was and how he is etc.

it works this way for me anyway!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.