The Student Room Group

Muslim, Christian Londoners donate 10 TONNES of food to homeless people

Scroll to see replies

I'm sorry, but one small act of kindness does not make up for the destruction of the Western world caused by modern Islam, absolutely not.
Original post by hezzlington
Don't see why mentioning faith is important.

People of all religions, or lack of, donate food all the time. We had schemes like this like 20 years ago when I was a kid in primary school.

(Btw yes, it's lovely this happened - woo goo Muslims of London, but what else are we supposed to say on this thread)

It shows a different narrative to the usual negativity.
Original post by Len Goodman
I'm sorry, but one small act of kindness does not make up for the destruction of the Western world caused by modern Islam, absolutely not.

JIDF pls go

Does this act of kindness make up for the crusades?
Original post by tammie123

The crusades happened because of centuries of Muslim wars and expansion. Approximately two thirds of previously Christian land was captured by Muslims in the 11th century. The crusades aimed to stop this.
Original post by tammie123

I don't think you really understand the point of the crusades. They aimed to take back the Holy Land from Muslim expansion.

How has modern Islam destroyed western lands? The last time I checked, Western Europe is a very nice place to live, very low crime, buildings intact, homes aren't bombed to rubble like in Aleppo. I think we're fine here in a Western Europe and so are our Muslim communities.
Reply 27
Original post by hezzlington
Don't see why mentioning faith is important.

People of all religions, or lack of, donate food all the time. We had schemes like this like 20 years ago when I was a kid in primary school.

(Btw yes, it's lovely this happened - woo goo Muslims of London, but what else are we supposed to say on this thread)

And the irony of it all is that most religions tell you that if you are going to give to charity DON'T BRAG ABOUT IT because that just means you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

sure i kinda get why they are making a big deal out of this, desperately trying to prove that muslims have the ability to do good for others but anyone should know this already. if someone naively thinks that they're all terrorists then let them think that, why should they have to go out of their way to prove otherwise??
Original post by Allie4
And the irony of it all is that most religions tell you that if you are going to give to charity DON'T BRAG ABOUT IT because that just means you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

sure i kinda get why they are making a big deal out of this, desperately trying to prove that muslims have the ability to do good for others but anyone should know this already. if someone naively thinks that they're all terrorists then let them think that, why should they have to go out of their way to prove otherwise??

To be fair, I find atheists brag the most about giving to charity haha.

But yeah I agree. We all know the majority of muslims/religious people are decent individuals.
we should donate to syria in help of the humanitarian aid crisis and support the children of aleppo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending