Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I first turned my laptop on the time was fine.

the next few times it was a bit slow.

Now every time I turn it on its either 5 or 10 minutes behind. It's bloody annoying.

Can anyone help me to keep it the same?

ReputationRep:
    If your on XP (or Vista -I aint used it yet), double click the clock, select the "internet time" tab, and make sure the option to 'automatically synchronize with an internet time server' is on.

If that fails, get a 3rd party program to do it for ya (there is a couple).

I dont think its your internal battery gone anyways...

Aside from them I dont know what else to suggest really!

ReputationRep:
    i would be more concerned if your clock didn't keep changing.

ReputationRep:
    very helpful

The internet time thing is checked, not that I go online on my laptop, it's still always wrong when I turn it on again.

ReputationRep:
    if you use the net on your laptop it'll keep itself updated, but it shouldn't be slowing down like that that fast. I can't think what it would be.

ReputationRep:
    If it gets worse the longer you leave it off for then its probably the CMOS battery going flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMaster)
    If it gets worse the longer you leave it off for then its probably the CMOS battery going flat.
    Yeh, the last thing you want to happen with a laptop really. You could try and replace it, there CR2032 button cell batteries I think. I have no idea where the battery is located in a laptop though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    Yeh, the last thing you want to happen with a laptop really. You could try and replace it, there CR2032 button cell batteries I think. I have no idea where the battery is located in a laptop though.
    Theyre an absolute **** to get to in most laptops, best to get an engineer to do it; if its nearly new then the manufacturer will do it for free.

ReputationRep:
    It's not even two weeks old.

This laptops caused me nothing but greif since i got it, random things just keep coming up and bugging me. Might return it.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't had it for 14 days, you can return it under the distance selling act; if you wait till after then, they'll more than likely 'repair' than refund.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    It's not even two weeks old.

This laptops caused me nothing but greif since i got it, random things just keep coming up and bugging me. Might return it.
    i would, if i were you. don't accept stuff that doesn't work properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PieMaster)
    If you haven't had it for 14 days, you can return it under the distance selling act; if you wait till after then, they'll more than likely 'repair' than refund.
    I bought it from a shop, so I doubt that would apply, and it's been 15 days..my bad.

I've already rung up about it once before for another problem. I knew i shouldn't have gotten it just because it was cheap.

ReputationRep:
    just take it back - they should be alright with refunding you if it's from a shop.

ReputationRep:
    I did get it from tescos though, and I havent' got the box anymore. My mum threw it out :|

Think that'd be ok. It's not like I'm taking it because cause I've realised I don't like it, it doesn't do it's job properly.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.