Western hypocrisy on relationship morality

Watch
BareRoadInit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
'Creepy loners' are widely vilified and yet single mothers, drunken women, divorcees and cohabitees are almost encouraged.

Why this is the case?
BobBobson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Too many nu-males
sleepysnooze
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
it's hard to know what you mean when you actually call those creepy loners "creepy loners" - are they actually creepy or not? because surely creepy loners *should* be discouraged? but at the same time, single mothers are dumb valueless dead beat gold-diggers usually but you know how society is - women can basically do no wrong or else you're sexist
BareRoadInit
Rep:
?
(Original post by sleepysnooze)
it's hard to know what you mean when you actually call those creepy loners "creepy loners" - are they actually creepy or not? because surely creepy loners *should* be discouraged? but at the same time, single mothers are dumb valueless dead beat gold-diggers usually but you know how society is - women can basically do no wrong or else you're sexist
The modern female application of the term creepy is basically any guy that either isnt physically appealing or has an alternative lifestyle. If it was a case of them genuinely identifying seedy or threatening males and weeding them out then that would be ok. But as it stands we have legions of 40 year men in their mothers basements and scores of teen parents, and this is all because of women taking advantage of the disastrous current marxist/feminist agenda. Anglo white society is on the verge of extinction in comparison to the more sensible marital standards of South Asians and other similar cultures.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BareRoadInit)
'Creepy loners' are widely vilified and yet single mothers, drunken women, divorcees and cohabitees are almost encouraged.

Why this is the case?
These two are almost certainly vilified given that people never seem to shut up about them. There is nothing inherently wrong with divorcees or cohabitation unless you drag religion into areas where it's simply not needed.

Either way it's not even contradictory, being a creepy loner is a very different thing to the other 4 things relating to women you described.
BareRoadInit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
These two are almost certainly vilified given that people never seem to shut up about them. There is nothing inherently wrong with divorcees or cohabitation unless you drag religion into areas where it's simply not needed.

Either way it's not even contradictory, being a creepy loner is a very different thing to the other 4 things relating to women you described.
The creepy loner is probably a productive member of society (the stereotypical spotty IT guy). In years gone by conventional family oriented society would have steered similar women towards these men. However nowadays because of the free- for-all that feminism+ social media/fone apps has created, these women are not bounded by any sort of morality and pursue invidualistic hedonism backed up by the welfare state when this goes wrong.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The creepy loner is probably a productive member of society (the stereotypical spotty IT guy). In years gone by conventional family oriented society would have steered similar women towards these men. However nowadays because of the free- for-all that feminism+ social media/phone apps has created, these women are not bounded by any sort of morality and pursue individualistic hedonism backed up by the welfare state when this goes wrong.
Regardless of the other parts of the argument that are highly debatable, this still isn't hypocrisy. At all.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh, you're back :rolleyes:
BareRoadInit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Regardless of the other parts of the argument that are highly debatable, this still isn't hypocrisy. At all.
The hypocrisy lies in the public assumption that loners are the deviants while single mothers are somehow victims. Whereas probably the converse is true.
TaintedLight
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Western, Asian, South Asian, Blacks, Arabs...... so irrelevant and tiring
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The hypocrisy lies in the public assumption that loners are the deviants while single mothers are somehow victims. Whereas probably the converse is true.
I think either assumption would be a baseless, useless generalisation. Neither single mothers nor loners are often enough either deviants or victims to make it worthwhile discriminating or generalising in any direction.
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Why this is the case?
creepy loners are males
single mothers, drunken women, divorcees and cohabitees are women

men are always vilified more than precious snowflake women
Abstract_Prism
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You must be joking if you think 'single mothers, drunken women, divorcees and cohabitees' are encouraged. Society despises them.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
You must be joking if you think 'single mothers, drunken women, divorcees and cohabitees' are encouraged. Society despises them.
No it doesnt , especially considering they are a significant portion of society.
Abstract_Prism
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
No it doesnt , especially considering they are a significant portion of society.
I don't have anything more than anecdotal evidence, but it seems to me that single mothers and the like are vilified by anyone who isn't them.
Len Goodman
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, with all this "polyamorous" nonsense that's going on nowadays all young women do is hop from bed to bed of any guy they find attractive. Because of this a lot of decent, hard-working young males are being kicked to the curb. Back in old Len's day you found a partner and stuck to them, and that's exactly how it should be - a traditional marriage and a traditional family.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
I don't have anything more than anecdotal evidence, but it seems to me that single mothers and the like are vilified by anyone who isn't them.
Cohabiting couples are the majority, when you add in all the divorcees and single mothers, that would be a minority who are doing your alleged despising. Not soemthing that I would wast my time doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads