Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i heard that if u use a copied version of windows xp like the chinese ones u get, wen u connect to the internet it downloads something that messes up ure comp,

also whats windows longhorn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaney87)
    i heard that if u use a copied version of windows xp like the chinese ones u get, wen u connect to the internet it downloads something that messes up ure comp,

Longhorn is the codename for the latest version of windows that is being developed.

ReputationRep:

why would you want a chinese version :confused:

longhorn is the next version of windows.

ReputationRep:

Yes... yes that is very true. It will also format your hardware so it cannot ever be used again. And it will cause drought and bring down blight upon your lands. And leprosy, and your sheep will run away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    Yes... yes that is very true. It will also format your hardware so it cannot ever be used again. And it will cause drought and bring down blight upon your lands. And leprosy, and your sheep will run away.
    Just thank your lucky stars they got rid of the plague of locusts, and bog of eternal stench (was that The Labrinth?) in the second version.

ReputationRep:
    Never fear, they will no doubt patch it soon to bring back the rivers of blood .

ReputationRep:
    I know people who use pirate copies Win Xp. If this is pirate copies you are talking about, then you've got nothing to worry about.

Apparently, can buy the first alpha release of Longhorn in, can't remember which country, for about 5 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I know people who use pirate copies Win Xp. If this is pirate copies you are talking about, then you've got nothing to worry about.

Apparently, can buy the first alpha release of Longhorn in, can't remember which country, for about 5 pounds.
    or you can download it for freee!

wouldnt bother, its just a more buggy (!) version of windows XP at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if SP2 would be installable on crakced win xp pro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swim By)
    anyone know if SP2 would be installable on crakced win xp pro?
    yep it is (my friend and i both posses a pirate copy we got in the middle east. he's got SP2 installed and has no problems)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    yep it is (my friend and i both posses a pirate copy we got in the middle east. he's got SP2 installed and has no problems)
    oh wicked, coz i read it on a site that says SP2 wont install on cracked windows xps

do you knwo when it'll be out?

ReputationRep:
    If you are using one of the standard pirated cd-keys then no. You need a specific range of id numbers to install SP2. There are programs that can generate these numbers and places that show you how to change your cdkey. But then that would be immoral wouldn't it

ReputationRep:
    If you are using one of the standard pirated cd-keys then no. You need a specific range of id numbers to install SP2. There are programs that can generate these numbers and places that show you how to change your cdkey. But then that would be immoral wouldn't it
    PM me

lol

ReputationRep:
    but that's the same with SP1, isnt it? I couldnt install SP1 until i changed my cdkey to a random-generated one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    but that's the same with SP1, isnt it? I couldnt install SP1 until i changed my cdkey to a random-generated one
    u need xpdite, google it

pm me, ill email it to u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by austinmetro)
    u need xpdite, google it

pm me, ill email it to u

i dont need it, ive already done it (as you'll notice, my statement above was in the past tense )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i dont need it, ive already done it (as you'll notice, my statement above was in the past tense )
    soz, cant read..lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Well SP1 only blocked about 3 cd-keys, including the infamous 'Devil's Own' Cd-Key.

SP2 will block millions of keys, but even then there will be millions of other keys. I doubt this is the place to discuss it, but as always google is your friend .

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.