The Student Room Group

AA driving instructor drives himself 30 minutes

I don't know where to start I currently am learning to drive with a AA instructor who drives himself for 30 minutes or so. I am taking 2 hour lessons. He's sometimes reluctant to take me on busy roads. I was at driving standard 5 months ago with a billplant Instructer. All instructors let me drive whole 2 hours.
I am sick of changing instructors red driving school instructors never have lessons on days I want as I work 3 days a week and have a son with special needs.
Any advice ditch him or keep him. My test isn't booked for 25january.
Ditch him, the more hands on time you get yourself the better. You need to be able to familiarize yourself fully with busy roads, as that's where you'll be asked to drive come test day. Also with him driving for 30 mins, you won't have enough time to practice key manoeuvres.
Reply 2
why the hell is he driving at all if your test is in just over a month?

he should be coming to pick you up and you being in the driving seat the whole time.

the only time its acceptable for the instructor to drive is at the very start and next few lessons if you have to go to some training area that you need to get to via ways he / she isn't comftable with you driving on
I know that's what I'm wondering what am I going to do I need lessons fast live in Oldham just moved here so can't get recommendations either. Previously I was in the drivers seat the whole time even when I was a terrible driver. I am slightly bad at changing gears at roundabouts as my instructor starts panicking and shouting a bit. I never had these problems with a bill plant instructor. I want to change instructor badly but there's so little time in my test. :frown:
Why did you leave your bill plant instructor? He shouldn't be in the driving seat at all to be honest, when i did my lessons I was in the driving seat from being picked up to getting home..

At this point i'd be looking at postponing the test if you don't feel you'll be ready...is there anyway you can practice outside of your lessons?
Original post by Jackieox
Why did you leave your bill plant instructor? He shouldn't be in the driving seat at all to be honest, when i did my lessons I was in the driving seat from being picked up to getting home..

At this point i'd be looking at postponing the test if you don't feel you'll be ready...is there anyway you can practice outside of your lessons?

HI thanks for your reply. I had to leave the instructor as I left Birmingham. Failed one driving test in Birmingham with that instructor but he was pretty good. It was my nerves.

I currently live in Oldham after separation from my ex. My theory test expires in April so that's why I booked the test in jan but if I'm not ready will move it forward. I'm trying one lesson with billplant instructor from Oldham on Thursday to see how it goes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending