Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well its less than a month now and Freshers Week or Two Weeks in my case is looming ....

I am really looking forward to it to be honest and have loads of things planned ....

Are you looking forward to it and are you prepared?

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Less than a month away I have to go in next week for our department introdution. I'm getting excited but scared too

ReputationRep:
    I have a meeting with my course leader today

Woo hoo

ReputationRep:
    I finish work on Friday, then I'm off to Atlanta for a short break, back on the 12th and registration on the 19th. I'm excited, impatient, nervous, etc. in pretty much equal measures!

Kings don't seem to be very forthcoming in terms of advance information, so I have no idea what to expect, but generally I just want to get on with it now!
    Its almost as bad as waiting for the A level results - this summer has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride one way or another :-)

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy your break lol

Afraid we all seem to be in the same boat .. no information coming out of Uni's at all but I am gonna ask some questions today

ReputationRep:
    I'm Excited!

ReputationRep:
    Hope your meeting went well Leedslad

ReputationRep:
    Aye just got back as it happens .. 2 hours ... great to meet your Course Leader before your course.

Very impressed with everything

Bring it on ...

ReputationRep:
    Well I think I am!

I'm 26 and starting an English course at the University of Sheffield; the idea of leaving my friends, family and girlfriend to go and live in a student flat with two people I've never met is starting to freak me out!

It's weird, when I quit my job last year to start the Access course which got me the place in Uni it was a big change to my life so I thought that upping sticks wouldn't be a problem but now the date is looming I'm starting to get very jittery...

:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Well done Robin it cant be easy upping sticks as most of us "oldies" are going to our local Uni ...

I am sure you will be fine once you get there and get settled in . its life changing!

ReputationRep:
    i am happy and excited now that i have changed my whole university plans....
    I had a place at UWIC on health sciences foundation but started freaking out majorly about distance from home, I live just near Leeds, I wasnt being a big baby i have had some very serious health problems in last 12 months so i just think moving so far away was a bad idea so soon after all that, but i got on phone and called every uni in the north of england this morning haha, i now have an offer to do extended sciences at teesside, much closer, much cheaper and i am much happier :-)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm excited, the last month or so has gone quite fast. Doing a foundation year so hope they start off at a slowish pace and then build up. Handed in my notice at work a couple of weeks ago, only 9 more shifts to do. Still don't know whether I'm going to work part time or not yet. If my provisional finance amount is confirmed, with the wife's PT job and tax credits I might be able to get away with just working during the holidays. Might just see how it goes for the first month.

ReputationRep:
    Aye not many days to Get Pissed I mean Freshers week or fortnight in Leeds lol ..

Cant wait .. in fact I have started my portfolio already lol

ReputationRep:
    5 days until I start and we already have the first work to do with exams in four weeks from now. Excited but anxious about going back to all that stuff again...

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to a mature student's day on Tuesday. Have no idea what it involves. I've also been set an assignment to take in on my first day. It starting to feel very real now. Nerves are kicking in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiaWallace)
    I've been invited to a mature student's day on Tuesday. Have no idea what it involves. I've also been set an assignment to take in on my first day. It starting to feel very real now. Nerves are kicking in.
    I would go as you will find it worthwhile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really excited at all. I went down to Essex Uni today, and its not really as pleasant as I was hoping. The staff seemed generally rude and Colchester wasnt so nice either. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    That figures lol Colly was my last posting in 2001 and I couldnt wait to get out

ReputationRep:
    I'm bricking it all of a sudden.....moving 250 miles away in two weeks. Signing lease on flat on Saturday. Feeling oooooooooold. Worried the other students will think I'm up my own arse cos I'm a grad. Up my arse and ooooooold.

Mind you, its Bristol, I'll be OK with my cast iron Manc stomach with that scrumpy whatsit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmgirl)
    I'm bricking it all of a sudden.....moving 250 miles away in two weeks. Signing lease on flat on Saturday. Feeling oooooooooold. Worried the other students will think I'm up my own arse cos I'm a grad. Up my arse and ooooooold.

Mind you, its Bristol, I'll be OK with my cast iron Manc stomach with that scrumpy whatsit.
    Is it a large arse?

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.