Turn on thread page Beta

getting pic to appear in thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When you post a pic how do you get it so the pic appears in the actual thread rather than just as a link seen some people do this wondered how. Cheers guys!

ReputationRep:
    Become a sub and then you can

ReputationRep:
    You can do it too with [aTSRsubscriptionpackage]!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by removed)
    [img] [/img] tags, but I think it only works in certain forums for non subscribers.
    We have a winner

There are a few forums (Chat, for instance) where non-subscribers are unable to post images but subscribers can. But it will work fine in other forums if you're using IMG tags, regardless of subscriber status Note, though, that if you create a thread in, say, General Discussion and it gets moved to Chat, any images get changed automagically into text links if you're a non-sub (i.e. don't bother posting Chat-esque threads in other forums just so your images work :p:)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    We have a winner

There are a few forums (Chat, for instance) where non-subscribers are unable to post images but subscribers can. But it will work fine in other forums if you're using IMG tags, regardless of subscriber status Note, though, that if you create a thread in, say, General Discussion and it gets moved to Chat, any images get changed automagically into text links if you're a non-sub (i.e. don't bother posting Chat-esque threads in other forums just so your images work :p:)
    I'm getting told IMG tags are off in Chat? Do they still work though (haven't tested it out yet...)?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they work...they're off by default, but subs/mods override that default setting

ReputationRep:
    Just as a late and pointless addition it telly you at the bottom of the page under "posting rules" whether img tags are allowed in the forum that you are in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    Or rather, it'll tell you the default rules - if you're a sub it's not accurate.
    It was for me.

When I was a sub, it used to say IMG tags were on in Chat. Now it says they're off.

Or I think it did.

ReputationRep:
    Or rather, it'll tell you the default rules - if you're a sub it's not accurate.
    well yeah, but as a sub you don't really care since anything goes in the world of img tags.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, it says they're off for me in Chat, and i know they work when i use img tags. :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Hmmm, it says they're off for me in Chat, and i know they work when i use img tags. :s:
    Maybe I imagined it then. Ah well. :p:

ReputationRep:
    When I was an ickle minionmod, img tags really were off in Chat :p:
    Hehe, I remember that I think all those issues with IMG tags switched off in various subforums have been sorted out, though

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.