That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For the record im only using "gay" because that's what lots of people refer to it as if a boy is doing it. I have done drama from year 7 and recently got a scholarship to a school for it, where I wouldn't have to do A level drama but take part in house drama and school plays. I don't necessarily 'enjoy' drama, but I know it looks good on applications to universities. My question is, will Russell groups look highly upon it as I don't want to be known as a 'drama' kid for my sixth form time, if you get what I mean. My mates, and I as a joke aye , would call it "gay" or in nicer words a more 'feminine past time'. Don't focus on that though, can you please answer me the question if it looks favourable to Oxbridge and other Russell groups if I want to take, say Law, or is it not worth it? This is imagining I get the top grades as well... Thanks
Hackerman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by That'sGreat)
For the record im only using "gay" because that's what lots of people refer to it as if a boy is doing it. I have done drama from year 7 and recently got a scholarship to a school for it, where I wouldn't have to do A level drama but take part in house drama and school plays. I don't necessarily 'enjoy' drama, but I know it looks good on applications to universities. My question is, will Russell groups look highly upon it as I don't want to be known as a 'drama' kid for my sixth form time, if you get what I mean. My mates, and I as a joke aye , would call it "gay" or in nicer words a more 'feminine past time'. Don't focus on that though, can you please answer me the question if it looks favourable to Oxbridge and other Russell groups if I want to take, say Law, or is it not worth it? This is imagining I get the top grades as well... Thanks
I'm no expert...but I dont think so? Wouldn't Oxbridge/Russell Group Unis want subjects like the sciences, maths, or english?
Nirvana1989-1994
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your 'mates' are idiots....
Richard.T
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello, I am 17 years old and a boy and have done drama all of my life in various theatres and currently AS levels. I think the perception that all boys that do drama are gay is ridiculous and just not accurate. I think drama as a qualification shows many attributes about you and since the government are cutting the arts it will be unique. Do drama and ignore outrageous stereotypes.
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Hackerman)
I'm no expert...but I dont think so? Wouldn't Oxbridge/Russell Group Unis want subjects like the sciences, maths, or english?

Not for a level, for extra curricular. I already have a refereeing badge, several distinctions in LAMDA, will be doing a coaching badge and volunteer as well. Is that enough, as I don't really enjoy drama but want the best chance of success in applying to Oxbridge and so on
xbiostudentx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have some self respect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.46%
I'm not sure (26)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (182)
31.33%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (277)
47.68%

Watched Threads