Bursaries Watch

anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I am starting to write my personal statement in order to apply for this. On the form, it says this section provides you with the opportunity to provide us with information about those things you feel are important in demonstrating your particular achievements and your potential'.I am confused by this statement. Can anyone please explain what this means. Many thanks
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It sounds more like a scholarship to me, in which case I think you need to write about the reasons you feel you deserve one. So if it's an academic scholarship, write about things like grades and awards. If it's for music, write about any qualifications you've got in your instrument and any bands/orchestras/choirs you've played with. If it's for sport, write about any qualifications you have, eg coaching, and any teams you've played with. That's how I'd interpret it anyway because bursaries are usually just based on household income and automatic if your parents earn below a certain amount. What's the title of the thing you're applying for?
anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I am applying for an English and Theology degree. It is a local student bursary of up to £500 that is available for students who are staying within the local area to go to University. However, successful students will also need to represent the University as a Student Ambassador.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (353)
45.55%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (240)
30.97%
I don't have an opinion (182)
23.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise