Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've applied for a scholarship but I still haven't heard anything. Anyone got a scholarship yet?

ReputationRep:
    Im pissed, i could have got a scolarship but i didnt reply. I got ABC (300 points) and only needed 260, what would that have given me?

ReputationRep:
    I got confirmation of mine after results day. I think it depends on what type of scholarship you've applied for. Mine was an excellence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spadez)
    Im pissed, i could have got a scolarship but i didnt reply. I got ABC (300 points) and only needed 260, what would that have given me?
    I think you would have got £2000 but don't worry there's always next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josh2716)
    I got confirmation of mine after results day. I think it depends on what type of scholarship you've applied for. Mine was an excellence.
    I got my confirmation today after I called Brunel and I'm getting £3000 for getting 360 UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    How do you apply for scholarship?*

*I've 340 UCAS Points

ReputationRep:
    You were meant to apply for it way before results day, else you don't get it.

I didn't think I was gonna get it but I applied for it any way, and I ended up getting 340 points so, I get £2000.....but not till Dec ....and it's paid in 3 installments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collegegurl)
    I get £2000.....but not till Dec ....and it's paid in 3 installments.
    are you serious? what I am supposed to spend till December?

ReputationRep:
    i did apply for it but have not yet got confirmation letter so lets seee what i get in there

ReputationRep:
    i got told that i got one by email then rang up and got told i havn't ANNOYING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr N)
    Hi guys,

I've applied for a scholarship but I still haven't heard anything. Anyone got a scholarship yet?

i know this thread is really outdated, but i just wanted to know do brunel base scholarships on grades from specifically 3 a levels (eg. AAA) or tarif points (360) from a range of a levels and AS levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_mee_x)
    i know this thread is really outdated, but i just wanted to know do brunel base scholarships on grades from specifically 3 a levels (eg. AAA) or tarif points (360) from a range of a levels and AS levels?
    If you get 3 A grades at A level, you get a scholarship. If there are scholarships left over then they will give it to people with B gardes too. But it's only made from 3 A levels and not from points from a mixture of grades at A and As

ReputationRep:
    My predicted UCAS points is 420 or 400 at least. Do i have a good chance in getting a scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABaruwal)
    My predicted UCAS points is 420 or 400 at least. Do i have a good chance in getting a scholarship?
    Depends on loads of factors:http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/ug/fees/support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr N)
    are you serious? what I am supposed to spend till December?
    The scholarships are divided into three chunks and you get one at the end of each term (Dec, April, June).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glf2110)
    Depends on loads of factors:http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/ug/fees/support
    I fall into those categories for receiving full grant and from low income family too..
    But what is that regional partner school thins
    Im not from London so I dont go to those schools, does this mean im not entitled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABaruwal)
    I fall into those categories for receiving full grant and from low income family too..
    But what is that regional partner school thins
    Im not from London so I dont go to those schools, does this mean im not entitled?
    You won't be entitled to the regional partnership or alumni ones but maybe to the Maths or urban scholars.

ReputationRep:
    this is a really old thread close it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glf2110)
    You won't be entitled to the regional partnership or alumni ones but maybe to the Maths or urban scholars.
    He won't be eligible for the Urban Scholar one as that requires he spends a number of years on the Urban Scholarship course before University (and you get to that through local schools in different parts of London)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.