Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TomTom-GO-910-...QQcmdZViewItem

What do you reckon?

I thought that it was a good buy, but it might not be what I need. I just need a TomTom that can obviously give directions and also be able to do that speeding cam alert.

Any Advice? Thx!

ReputationRep:
    My dad has a TomTom 910. Tbh, it depends on what you want. Do you want to use it in Europe and America?? Do you want it to read out road names and place names? Do you want to control your iPod via it? If so then perhaps this is for you. If however you only want UK roads, then the 710 is probably better for you. Maybe even the 510 model.

These will be a lot cheaper and still offer full UK road mapping. The 710 also has European road mapping, just not American.

Hope that makes some kind of sense. Theres a lot of numbers and jumbled information in there :p:

ReputationRep:
    TomToms are lifesavers. I just got back from a week in europe and we would been so lost without one, also probably wouldnt have had anywhere to camp.

We were using the TomTom One XL, it had speed camera detection on too, also quite useful. £181.99 from Halfords for the british road map version and £215 for europe.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.