The Student Room Group

Ignored by my old female classmates

I was bored so I contacted my old female classmates who I haven't seen in two years asking how they've been

I was flat out ignored by some, a few replied than ignored me and two nasty girls blocked me immediately

Why? I haven't don't anything and we got along fine back then

I didn't even send anything inappropriate, just casual conversation :s-smilie:
I know what the problem is. It's that they were just classmates. Not properly friends with you. If you need friends you should get out more and be in situations where you're forced to open your mouth
Reply 2
2 years is quite a time to randomly contact old friends? If it was in person that you bumped into these people, then a quick chat and catch up would be fine, I suppose.

But through social media just is a bit strange.
Original post by Airmed
2 years is quite a time to randomly contact old friends? If it was in person that you bumped into these people, then a quick chat and catch up would be fine, I suppose.

i disagree, if you were friends why would that matter?

The same as op happened to me, some people replied at we started talking again, some didn't without reason
Are you asking why?

Have I ever met your friends before:curious:?
Reply 5
Original post by Kravence
i disagree, if you were friends why would that matter?

The same as op happened to me, some people replied at we started talking again, some didn't without reason

I tend to think that if you were friends then contact would have remained.

I was approached by someone I knew from school this week. I've not seen them in nearly 2 years. It was rather a strange experience and a bit odd.
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
I know what the problem is. It's that they were just classmates. Not properly friends with you. If you need friends you should get out more and be in situations where you're forced to open your mouth

Yeah but I was expecting common courtesy
Reply 7
Original post by Airmed

Still, there should be common courtesy.
Reply 8
I suppose your right
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Still, there should be common courtesy.

Yes, but they are not obliged to answer. That's people for you.
Original post by Airmed
I tend to think that if you were friends then contact would have remained.

I was approached by someone I knew from school this week. I've not seen them in nearly 2 years. It was rather a strange experience and a bit odd.

Not always. When I moved homes, I lost contact with most of my friends.

The ones I talk to now are the ones I haven't spoken with in years, and the ones I stayed in touched with are all gone.
ive experienced a similar thing like this; my issue was that I found it hard to keep in touch with my od friends and when I had the courage to actually message they thought, well why is she messaging this many years later the thing is they could've messaged me too but they didn't, and I reached out to them and got a bad response ...
'friends' are overrated especially school friends after two years you almost become strangers but they do sound like *****es
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
I was bored so I contacted my old female classmates who I haven't seen in two years asking how they've been

I was flat out ignored by some, a few replied than ignored me and two nasty girls blocked me immediately

Why? I haven't don't anything and we got along fine back then

I didn't even send anything inappropriate, just casual conversation :s-smilie:

Were you friends with them? If not then that's probably why...

I got a message from a guy I "knew" at school but never spoke to, but we were friends on fb. This was years after leaving school. I just thought it was weird and unfriended him.

I feel like his motives weren't to be just friendly, and neither were yours. Why else did you only message girls and not boys? Girls can sense that.
Original post by karl pilkington
'friends' are overrated especially school friends after two years you almost become strangers but they do sound like *****es

Yeah, true, they're *****es.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending