Turn on thread page Beta

Man it sucks so much coz i cant drink anymore coz i really really love my boyfriend but if i get drunk and hes not around i get really flirty with people. I even ended up getting off with a lad (now i hate him but still) and i felt so guilty that i told him straight away and we nearly split up coz of it but we sorted things out. But i just want to drink but i know i cant. And like before that i went out with a lad that i nearly split up with my boyfriend for and i was so close to kissing him but that was different (really lonnnnng story) And so now i just feel like i cant go out and drink coz i get flirty. But i really love my boyfriend and think of nothing but him whilst not drunk. And when with him and drunk i just kiss him lots lol. Argh soo annoying. Also i prefer to smoke weed instead but i cant do that around my boyfriend either coz he hates it. So basically there is no point of going out anymore unless my bf is with me which he hardly is.

ReputationRep:
    "Theres on point in giong out anymore" you say? No disrespect but that sounds REALLY sad. The reason I can say that is because before I got with my bf I used to get hammered all the time! I used to snog loads of people due to getting the horn whilst drunk. Just 55mins after getting with my man on a night out I necked some other huy - NOT GOOD! Thankfully I rang him the next day and we officially went on our first date afterward. The final straw was when two weeks into our relationship I kissed his friend in front of him. I sound like a bad person but it was the drink. I had gotten into such a bad state and was soooo pissed that I honestly didnt even know that I had done it or was doing it. Thats the reason why my man stayed with me. From that point I realised that going out with the aim of getting driunk was just plani pathetic! I realised that I cared for my man and didnt want to hurt him so at first I just stopped drinking, nowadays I go out and have the odd drink and know that I can actually get merry and behave because I make sure I am in control and to be honest Ive had many a great night when Ive actually been sober. If you care about your bf then you will cut down on the booze until you are sure you can trust yourself otherwise just dump your bf now and save him any heartache. Just imagine if the roles were reversed and he got drunk and hurt you because of it (as in cheated) - Just imagine how crap that would be. Im not saying never drink again Im just saying stay in control so you dont do something you will regret

ReputationRep:
    Don't get so drunk.

ReputationRep:
    No wonder your boyfriend doesn't want to be seen with you!

ReputationRep:
    ^ drink isn't an excuse.....grow some will power and self control......if you really like him you wouldn't get with anyone else....even if you were drunk...its like saying i wouldn't kill someone....but when i'm drunk i would......

(Original post by KarlZ)
    "Theres on point in giong out anymore" you say? No disrespect but that sounds REALLY sad. The reason I can say that is because before I got with my bf I used to get hammered all the time! I used to snog loads of people due to getting the horn whilst drunk. Just 55mins after getting with my man on a night out I necked some other huy - NOT GOOD! Thankfully I rang him the next day and we officially went on our first date afterward. The final straw was when two weeks into our relationship I kissed his friend in front of him. I sound like a bad person but it was the drink. I had gotten into such a bad state and was soooo pissed that I honestly didnt even know that I had done it or was doing it. Thats the reason why my man stayed with me. From that point I realised that going out with the aim of getting driunk was just plani pathetic! I realised that I cared for my man and didnt want to hurt him so at first I just stopped drinking, nowadays I go out and have the odd drink and know that I can actually get merry and behave because I make sure I am in control and to be honest Ive had many a great night when Ive actually been sober. If you care about your bf then you will cut down on the booze until you are sure you can trust yourself otherwise just dump your bf now and save him any heartache. Just imagine if the roles were reversed and he got drunk and hurt you because of it (as in cheated) - Just imagine how crap that would be. Im not saying never drink again Im just saying stay in control so you dont do something you will regret
    I dont drink at all anymore, i have drank like 4 times this year, thats it. I still cant trust myself. And i dont go out to get drunk i just drink too much, if a drink is in my hand ill drink it. (That ended up with me drinking 8 double red bulls and vodka lol)...so sickkkk. And ive been with my lad for many years, we got together young, so i havent been able to go out round town 'on the pull'. My boyfriend has never drank or smoked so that role would never be reversed. Also i am only his 2nd girlfriend ever and hes 23 next year. And i dont mind not drinking if no one else is but allll my friends always drink so it sucks coz im the only one that doesnt. So thats why i dont feel like going out coz i know i wont be able to drink n everyone else will be drunk with their boyfriends, and mines never here.

ReputationRep:
    So what's the problem? You have a solution- stop drinking and smoking so much or give up your boyfriend. If it's such a big problem for you to do this then maybe you don't love him as much as you say. You don't HAVE to drink to have a good time, at least you shouldn't need to.

(Original post by pikaboo)
    No wonder your boyfriend doesn't want to be seen with you!
    no he moved away so he COULDNT be with me. (Hes moving home now though, we miss each other too much)

And also we are happily in love when we are together.

(Original post by supersteiger)
    So what's the problem? You have a solution- stop drinking and smoking so much or give up your boyfriend. If it's such a big problem for you to do this then maybe you don't love him as much as you say. You don't HAVE to drink to have a good time, at least you shouldn't need to.
    I do if all my friends are drinking, im happy when i go out with my two other friends that dont drink. i am completely fine then but all the rest drink and leave me out. And i dont drink!! i have only drank 4/5 times this whole year! And i dont smoke at all coz he doesnt like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dont drink at all anymore, i have drank like 4 times this year, thats it. I still cant trust myself. And i dont go out to get drunk i just drink too much, if a drink is in my hand ill drink it. (That ended up with me drinking 8 double red bulls and vodka lol)...so sickkkk. And ive been with my lad for many years, we got together young, so i havent been able to go out round town 'on the pull'. My boyfriend has never drank or smoked so that role would never be reversed. Also i am only his 2nd girlfriend ever and hes 23 next year. And i dont mind not drinking if no one else is but allll my friends always drink so it sucks coz im the only one that doesnt. So thats why i dont feel like going out coz i know i wont be able to drink n everyone else will be drunk with their boyfriends, and mines never here.
    If you feel like you've missed out and want to be going out on the pull and getting drunk to 'have fun' then it doesn't sound like this relationship is right for you. Because if you think that, inside, then I can't see how it's not going to affect your relationship, even if you try for it not to. If you want to go out and get drunk (and pull lads) then that your choice, but you cant have that and a relationship with this guy. Some people could manage to go out, get a bit tipsy and not cheat, but that's not an option for you. So you need to make a more absolute choice.

(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    If you feel like you've missed out and want to be going out on the pull and getting drunk to 'have fun' then it doesn't sound like this relationship is right for you.
    it only feels like that when im drunk and on my own and everyone else is just kissin people. i just feel left out but when im with my lad its the most wonderful thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    Moderation is key. Don't drink so much that you aren't aware of your actions, have some control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by something_vague)
    Moderation is key. Don't drink so much that you aren't aware of your actions, have some control.
    But they are incapable of moderation, clearly - "And i dont go out to get drunk i just drink too much, if a drink is in my hand ill drink it"

(Original post by something_vague)
    thats the best advice ive heard. thanks.

(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    But they are incapable of moderation, clearly - "And i dont go out to get drunk i just drink too much, if a drink is in my hand ill drink it"
    yeh i suppose but i think ill just have to have like two. But i only go out rarely anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thats the best advice ive heard. thanks.
    The advice was 'Don't drink so much'.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it sounds like you have been with your bf for a long time, love him but feel like the grass is greener on the other side. (Thats what is sounds like)
    I mean you say its been ages since you last had a drink but you STILL cant trust yourself with other guys once a drink has passed your lips. Thats kinda says alot really. Are you sure that you are happy in your relationship?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You can still have a good time without drinking anywhere near as much, either that or give up your boyfriend if you want to get drunk.

(Original post by KarlZ)
    Tbh it sounds like you have been with your bf for a long time, love him but feel like the grass is greener on the other side. (Thats what is sounds like)
    I mean you say its been ages since you last had a drink but you STILL cant trust yourself with other guys once a drink has passed your lips. Thats kinda says alot really. Are you sure that you are happy in your relationship?

Extremelly happy when we are together, i couldnt think of anything better but sometimes i have to go weeks without seeing him and thats when i go out and get drunk coz im so unhappy that im not with him. I cry myself to sleep most nights when im without him. And its not random guys anyway its always a friend. I would never get off with strangers.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the moderation bit, you should be in control of your actions and if you really think you would cheat again when drunk then you have to make sure you dont slip up cos that would cost you your relationship. As for your friends either you act like a sheep and follow the crowd and get drunk or you be your own person by having a sociable drink but knowing your limit. If they continue to exclude you then hang otu more with your other 2 friends that dont drink as much, personally if my friends excluded me for not getting hammered with them all the time then Im not sure I would want to bother with them that much. I know you must be lonely but you need to find other outlets to preoccupy yourself until you are with your man e.g. girly nights in, bowling, cinema, etc as well as a sociable drink now and again. You love your man, he loves you, go out but be in control.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 29, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.