annamays
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Heyy! I applied to Edinburgh, UAL, UCA, Gloucestershire and Ravensbourne. I don't know what to do for my Film portfolio and I was wondering if any other applicants or past applicants have any advice? Or even better any portfolios they could show me? I'm scared and confused merci!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by annamays)
Heyy! I applied to Edinburgh, UAL, UCA, Gloucestershire and Ravensbourne. I don't know what to do for my Film portfolio and I was wondering if any other applicants or past applicants have any advice? Or even better any portfolios they could show me? I'm scared and confused merci!
For film you would normally be asked for a short (3-5 minutes) showreel rather than a portfolio (maybe with accompanying information about the role you played in the productions on your showreel).
Hinch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Annamays, I studies TV production at The University of Gloucestershire and my friends all studied Film Production. Their lecturers told them to bring along a 1 min to 2 min visual portfolio i.e. a showreel made up of film clips. This could be an opening scene to a film, short films or a series of cinematic clips. From my own interview experience it's good to make sure you can claim ownership over the showreel and talk confidently about what your input into the projects were. They won't have long to look at your portfolio so make sure you bring your best work! Know what your strengths and weaknesses are and be prepared to talk about this. Essentially they want to see you have ambitions to work in the industry and that you have a strong interest in the world of Film. My best tip is to back up your work! Bring it on a USB, CD and maybe even email the academics ahead of the interview. Good luck, hope you ace all your interviews! Jack
annamays
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Hinch)
Hey Annamays, I studies TV production at The University of Gloucestershire and my friends all studied Film Production. Their lecturers told them to bring along a 1 min to 2 min visual portfolio i.e. a showreel made up of film clips. This could be an opening scene to a film, short films or a series of cinematic clips. From my own interview experience it's good to make sure you can claim ownership over the showreel and talk confidently about what your input into the projects were. They won't have long to look at your portfolio so make sure you bring your best work! Know what your strengths and weaknesses are and be prepared to talk about this. Essentially they want to see you have ambitions to work in the industry and that you have a strong interest in the world of Film. My best tip is to back up your work! Bring it on a USB, CD and maybe even email the academics ahead of the interview. Good luck, hope you ace all your interviews! Jack
I just got an interview for Gloucestershire! Thank you so much this is very helpful <44444444 Yeah it says a 60 second short film and a film pitching workshop, I better get started lmao. Thank you!
Hinch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just got an interview for Gloucestershire! Thank you so much this is very helpful <44444444 Yeah it says a 60 second short film and a film pitching workshop, I better get started lmao. Thank you!
Good luck!!! Hope to see you at the uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (222)
67.68%
No (106)
32.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed