What did you think of the 2004 entry prospectus? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zeitgeist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Ok so, i'm bored :rolleyes: , but i wanted some opinons on this, because believe it or not, it actually put people off from applying to durham! personally i found it a bit strange, especially the "come on in" verse written all over the place. :confused:
dave134
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Zeitgeist)
Ok so, i'm bored :rolleyes: , but i wanted some opinons on this, because believe it or not, it actually put people off from applying to durham! personally i found it a bit strange, especially the "come on in" verse written all over the place. :confused:
I am afraid I didn't see it. As my application, while still through UCAS was somewhat different I didn't even bother looking at the prospectus.
matt.berlin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I had the 2003 entry prospectus so I can't comment.

But I agree on the being bored bit. It's got so bad I have started making English versions of Germany's government health ads to promote condoms.

This how low it has got ...
Attached files
Zeitgeist
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by matt.berlin)

But I agree on the being bored bit. It's got so bad I have started making English versions of Germany's government health ads to promote condoms.

wow, thats boredom, although i saw one of them im sure!! well done anyhow matt. positive rep for you. because it will give me something to do. sob, im bored!!! i want my results, and then want to go to uni""!!1

Edit: ok so i have hit my rep limit. erm.... have some imaginary rep
dave134
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by matt.berlin)

I saw loads of the ones with a microphone, and something along the lines of "My Pop Idol"
matt.berlin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah that is a recent one.

The verb "poppen" in German means "to shag". Nice little double entendre there once more from the "mach's mit" people.
Lydiamonds
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I loved Durhams prospectus, the turny over one anyway. The new one theyve bought out 4 next years entry is appaling though! liverpool had by far the best one though.
cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I loved it, i initially chose university by prospectus, i also liked imperial's, keele's (although i didnt apply)!
Lydiamonds
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
After working too long at Imperial and learning 50% of the rooms are dedicated to **** heaps I wasnt gunna apply there. Perhaps they didnt put that in the prospectus! Or the fact that everyone is male, old and beardy and tend to perve over u!
cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lydiamonds)
50% of the rooms are dedicated to **** heaps I wasnt gunna apply there. Perhaps they didnt put that in the prospectus!
Thats what put me off, but the men thing is ok, there must be sum nice ones :rolleyes:
dave134
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Or the fact that everyone is male, old and beardy and tend to perve over u!
lol!

They aren't called Letcherers for nothing you know!
Lydiamonds
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
erm not really, theres a few nice post grads at imperial. although i dont know nearly everyone, but tey have picture boards up around the place. The funniest guys are the two brothers, ones a particle physicist, the other a chemical enginneer, who hate each other.

as 4 students i didnt really see any as I worked in the research department and didnt really see students, apart from wen I breezed past sum in a posh suit and an ID card.

And imperial smells like smelly feet.
dave134
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The funniest guys are the two brothers, ones a particle physicist, the other a chemical enginneer, who hate each other.
Not sure who I would hate to have as an enemy more... Its a tough choice betwern somebody who could make a Nuclear bomb and somebody who could make a Chemical Weapon.,
matt.berlin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm, I've got so bored sat at home with this cold I have actually voted on this poll, when I didn't even ever see the prospectus.

Ah well.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I loved Durhams prospectus, the turny over one anyway. The new one theyve bought out 4 next years entry is appaling though! liverpool had by far the best one though.
I have a 2005 and 2004 entry one and the 2005 one is ok actually, though this year they haven't put course contents in. Just saving paper i guess
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (235)
91.44%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (22)
8.56%

Watched Threads