7.14%
    40+
    0%
    50+
    0%
    NEVER
    6.67%

ReputationRep:
    Ive been with my boyfriend 3 years soon and we feel like we want to get married in the future like in 2009/2010? that would make us 21/22 and 24/25, is that too young?

ReputationRep:
    It's quite young but if it's going to work it's not too young.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No set age really, when people are ready to take that huge step. Generally people are leaving it later though so they can have a life first.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I preach Life After Marriage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    It's quite young but if it's going to work it's not too young.

yeh like my best friend she doesnt want to ever get married but she knows shes gonna be with her boyfriend forever. Shes been with him 5 years.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tailz)
    yeh like my best friend she doesnt want to ever get married but she knows shes gonna be with her boyfriend forever. Shes been with him 5 years.
    Does she really know though, in reality no one knows what will happen, you can't predict life just like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Does she really know though, in reality no one knows what will happen, you can't predict life just like that.
    Mystic Meg can.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 20 But that's only because I've found the right person. That can happen at any age!

ReputationRep:
    It's quite young but not overly. If I was that age and I was certain I was with the right person I might well go for it.

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    It is fairly young, but not overly so and each to their own.

Personally I don't know if I will ever get married, and if I do it will not be for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    My mum and dad were 21 and 23 when they got married, and have been together happily for 21 years. So if it's the right person, no.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    23 when I got married.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, there isnt a right age- if its going to last it doesnt matter if you are 19 or 57.
    I voted 27-28 (although I wanted to say 26/27 :p:)
    As I myself,despite the fact that ive been with my boyfriend almost 4 years can never see myself getting married any younger than that. Also If I do everything I want to do at uni, I wont finish until im 26 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    As others have said, there isnt a right age- if its going to last it doesnt matter if you are 19 or 57.
    I voted 27-28 (although I wanted to say 26/27 :p:)
    As I myself,despite the fact that ive been with my boyfriend almost 4 years can never see myself getting married any younger than that. Also If I do everything I want to do at uni, I wont finish until im 26 anyway.

but it does matter if you are 19 and your partners 57 lol... hehe

ReputationRep:
    If you feel it's right gfor you and your partner GO FOR IT. I want to be around 24 myself.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm all I can say really is before Im 30... I guess it'd be night though to finish my degree when im 23, work for a couple of years, then after that Im free to get married :p:

I know a girl who got married at 18...to a guy in his 40's. But hey, if she's happy and all that

ReputationRep:
    If you feel you are ready to and its the right thing to do then go for it. It doesn't matter when you get married if you are going to be together forever.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.