The Student Room Group

Not wanting to carry on with my course at university abroad.

So I'm currently studying dentistry abroad after I received BBB at A levels.Ive always wanted to do dentistry however now I'm finally here doing it in am amazing place I'm not enjoying it at all.I would like to go back however I feel like id be a huge disappointment to my family as firstly it would have cost them a lot and on top of this the aspect of all my other family members finding this out.So any suggestions or advice would be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
What is it about your course that you don't enjoy? The course, the location, homesickness or lack of friends?

You shouldn't worry about what your family think just yet, let's not cross that bridge for now. You say you're in an amazing place, not many people get to study abroad so this is a great opportunity for you. It's December now and I assume that the semester ends in June next year? I think you can hold out until then and then make a decision, who knows things may pick up and you may start enjoying it.
Reply 2
In what country can you get into dentistry with BBB? I thought it was as hard as getting into med school
Original post by FNPC
In what country can you get into dentistry with BBB? I thought it was as hard as getting into med school

There are a few in Eastern Europe which cater to UK students who aren't good enough to get into UK med schools.
Reply 4
True that but it costs so much and then on top of that the last two years of the degree are in a different language.So if I'm not enjoying it now when it's in English I can't see how I'm gonna want to do it a few years down the lien when it's in a different language

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending