Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have come to notice a lot of scary stuff in this society.

There is a lot of anti-male bias in the media. In the movies, on tv it is shown that it's okay for a girl to hit a boy but it is not okay for a boy to hit a girl.

I find that notion ridiculous.

I have read a lot of stuff that is alarming.

Women making false accusations of rape against men.

Women making false allegations of domestic violence against men.

Women hurting men - and getting away with it because of a system that thinks "it's okay" or even "funny".

I dont find it funny when some poor guy gets slapped, kicked in the nuts or chased out of his house by an angry woman with a baseball bat.

Some people find it funny.

I dont like to see violence done to anyone. Male or female. Black or white. Gay or straight.

As a society, we need to wake up. No one dares speak boldly about Men's rights anymore. Women's rights are respected and defended.

That doesn't seem fair to me.

We need to become aware of this growing problem in our society.

Girls : stop hitting boys. It may seem acceptable but it is not right. It is not funny. Leave them alone. How would you feel if someone beat you up and other people thought it was "funny" ?

Guys : most of us know it's wrong to hit them or have been told so by our elders. Yet what should we do if a chick is trying to kill us ? Stand there and do nothing ? Maybe you will, but I sure as hell ain't gonna do that. I'd defend myself.

People.

I have some information to tell you.

FOR WOMEN

If you are a lady living with an abusive man, you know what to do.

FOR MEN

If you are a man in a relationship with an abusive woman, you may not know what to do. There are no shelters for abused men. No hotlines. Nothing. If your wife, girlfriend or lady likes to curse and/or hit you, leave her. It's not worth it. She is NOT going to change. She is BAD forever.

If you stay with her, you are putting yourself at risk. You may get hurt or end up dead. You might hesitate to hurt her, she wont hesitate to kill or maim you. If you do defend yourself, the whole world will see you as the evil bad man and they will believe everything she says and see her as your "victim".

If you are in serious danger, defend yourself. Better alive than dead is what my pop taught me. It doesnt matter if your opponent is male or female. Do NOT let yourself be killed. Or seriously hurt.

Violence against Women is WRONG. Is that what they say ?

Violence against MEN is WRONG, TOO !!!!!!!

Leave the evil lady. take a restraining order against her sorry ass. move onto a better life.
    Better to live like a bum than share a house with an evil *****.

May God be with you.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you completely. But I think that there is a danger in the media at the moment because there are so many false rape cases ect of things going against women who have genuinly been raped or abused and we shouldn't let that happen. Men shouldn't be beaten up either. There was a story about it in Holyoaks

ReputationRep:
    hmm... I found this

Linky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I agree with you completely. But I think that there is a danger in the media at the moment because there are so many false rape cases ect of things going against women who have genuinly been raped or abused and we shouldn't let that happen. Men shouldn't be beaten up either. There was a story about it in Holyoaks
    i agree...its not fair on women who actually get rape...and those who cry wolf are being selfish and not thinking.

lol...good old hollyoaks!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as with many things in life, it's unfairly balanced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    hmm... I found this

Linky
    oh dear :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i agree totally, some of these women seem to be taking revenge for all those years of opression. howvere, i dont agree that its happening everywhere and to such a huge extent, and since it took such a long time for women to be noticed in the world, so it will take a longer time for this new problem to be resolved, and when it does, it will encourage people to start suppressing women again. i dont think there will ever be a time when men and women will be able to look at each other as equals, and so one will always preside over another.

anyway, dont you think these positive discrimination policies the government is the same type of thing? it just seems the same as normal discrimination, but in the opposite direction.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to pick up on the 'less serious' issues touched on in the original post, about apparently everyday things which are just as unequal. For example, I saw on Big Brother (just as an example) 3 of the girls (if you're interested I think it was Nadia Michelle and Becki - I may be wrong) chase one of the lads (Stuart) into the bedroom and try and take his clothes off. He was laying on the bed trying to fight them off but they were all over him pulling at his clothes.

1 - imagine if this had been the other way round, and it was 3 guys doing the same to a girl?

2 - what can the guy in that situation actually do? Can you also imagin what would have happened if he had physically pushed them away from him so they would get the message?

It's everyday things like that that really get me angry (not that I'm not bothered about the rape issues, obviously)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I went to a formal ball and my scottish friend wore a kilt. These two girls who we barely know and don't much like wanted to know if he was wearing anything underneath and when he refused to say began a campaign of trying to lift up his kilt - in public. He had to pour his beer on them in the end. Guys definately can't get away with that and girls should realise they shouldn't do it either. Women can't harp on about feminism and equality all the time unless they're prepared to accept it in every aspect of their lives.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your thoughts. I can be reached at [email protected] if anyone wants to add something.

ReputationRep:
    Women are out of control we need to reassess universal sufferage if the problem gets any worse.

ReputationRep:
    Feminism should be banned. They are facists in disguise. They want equality, complain about men looking at them, or about comments about woment, yet are all to happy to dish it out when it suits them.
    They want equality in the workplace, yet are happy to accept a lower retirement age, and pensionable age.
    They kick and scream about equality, and what they actually want is to have the best.

as far as I can see, the only use for women in the workplace is too look at. And these days only about 10% - 5% are good enough for that. The rest are all fat and ugly. No offence, but instead of being feminists and spending all their time complaining, they should exercise some muscles not associated with talking.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm concerned nobody needs to speak up for men's rights. Men's rights comes naturally. I still see men having the upper hand. You always hear about wife beating, but how many cases of husband beating is there? We still need to focus on women's rights much more.
    Men, being men, are usually stronger than women, so it is worst for him to hit her.
    I dont think women should hit men either, but the media also likes to show what implies that women are much weaker than men, and dependent (her fainting and him ending up carrying her), so in that case I think it wouldn't really hurt if she hit him. Even the independent women sometimes end up fainting near the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janon)
    Feminism should be banned. They are facists in disguise. They want equality, complain about men looking at them, or about comments about woment, yet are all to happy to dish it out when it suits them.
    They want equality in the workplace, yet are happy to accept a lower retirement age, and pensionable age.
    They kick and scream about equality, and what they actually want is to have the best.

as far as I can see, the only use for women in the workplace is too look at. And these days only about 10% - 5% are good enough for that. The rest are all fat and ugly. No offence, but instead of being feminists and spending all their time complaining, they should exercise some muscles not associated with talking.
    The same could be said of Male Chauvanistic Pigs. :rolleyes:
    I am by no means a feminist, however I see nothing wrong with wanting equality and wanting to be treated with some respect.
    Sorry to stomp all over your expectations here... but.... News Flash were not here to look pretty for you, or to serve your every need and whim. Get off your lazy fat ass and get your own damn beer, cook your own damn dinner, stop gawking at my tits as if your staring at an all you can eat buffet, and FFS wash your ratty 2 year old pair of underwear or go buy a new pair. You wanna talk about excercise? Please! Like your lazy, beer guzzling, greasy pork rind eating, permanently attached to the recliner ass couldn't use about 30 mins a day on the treadmill. Sorry but channel surfing is not a sport and does not classify as exercise. You wanna know why were happy to accept an early retirement? Cause to be completely honest, were are friggin sick and tired of you male chauvanists in the work place, making lude comments and constantly degrading us while were trying to earn our damn paychecks to soley support the child your ass walked out on. And after listen to your garbage year after year we'd rather take a loss on our ssi or pension than listen to your trash talk a moment longer than we have to.
    Now why don't you go back to doing what guys like you do best. Play with the remote and practice your belching technique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vortex_199)
    As far as I'm concerned nobody needs to speak up for men's rights. Men's rights comes naturally. I still see men having the upper hand.
    Upper hand in what? What rights come naturally? Yes its arguable that men have had more rights for longer, but thats all changed, and further changing. Women have every right as men do, and to top that off they can get away, both legally and morally, with a lot more.

You always hear about wife beating, but how many cases of husband beating is there?
    It is nowhere near as common as many men feel ashamed to go to the Police or relevant authority etc as they feel they will be mocked and humiliated. It is also seen as a further threat to their manliness as it is seen as though the man has no power, or authority. A position that no man, or woman, likes to be in.

We still need to focus on women's rights much more.
    Yes, but then why do women/feminist bang on about civil rights if they constantly want more rights etc?

Men, being men, are usually stronger than women, so it is worst for him to hit her.
    That is a strong and grossly misjudged stereotype. Men, traditionally, are seen as stronger both emotionally and physically. But this does not mean a woman cannot hurt or abuse a man, there are many ways to do this. It can be done physically, emotionally, financially and socially, to name but a few situatuions.

I dont think women should hit men either, but the media also likes to show what implies that women are much weaker than men, and dependent (her fainting and him ending up carrying her), so in that case I think it wouldn't really hurt if she hit him.
    So you're saying that because the media creates stereotypes, that regardless of what actualyl occurs in everyday life, these stereotypes should be accepted? Does that mean that you think regardless of situation etc, if a woman feels shes wants to or needs to, she can abuse a man? That seems very stupid to me, and very hypocritical given you haev already said you want women to have equal rights, if not more rights.

Even the independent women sometimes end up fainting near the end.
    This is just your oppinion, not fact. Even if this were to be true, is this not more a reflection of women in society, then the way men treat women?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.