Year 11 Mock Results!

Watch this thread
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all!

I decided to post my mock exam results and my thoughts on whether or not I'm pleased with them, how much i revised etc, and I'd love if some people could add their own results as well and thoughts on them!

English Literature: 8

I'm really pleased with this because I've been getting consistent 8's for the past few years (since Year 9, roughly) however I've always had fears that in exam conditions I would freak out and forget everything, so I'm honestly so pleased with this result. If possible, I'd love to get a 9 in the real exams, but I'm happy with my 8. Yes, I did revise for this.

English Language: 8

Same as above!!

Maths: 5

Maths is honestly my weakest point, so I was really pleased to get a 5. I need a 6 (B) to study Psychology at Uni level (Warwick is where I'm aiming for ) but with my tutor and additional tuition at school I think I can reach it in the next few months. I did do some revision for this.

Biology: A

Pleased with this as well as I love Biology and only started it this year (spent my entire last year doing Physics in science) and I've chosen Biology as one of my A-Level options. Aiming for an A* in the exam! Didn't do much revision for this.

Chemistry: C

Honestly, Chemistry has been a mess this year. We didn't have a teacher for an entire half-term, and this teacher doesn't seem to be amazing. C/D was the average grade from this mock in our school. Didn't revise for this exam.

RE: B

I was quite surprised with this grade, because I thought I did pretty well in the RE exams, but in all honesty, I'm not overly concerned. Would like to get an A/A* in the exam. Did not revise.

History: B

In Year 9, History was one of my favourite subjects. I absorbed all of the information like a sponge and I was getting consistent A*'s throughout the year. Then my history teacher left, and my enthusiasm plummeted. I still have the same History teacher and she is so terrible, she tells the class to get on with the work, then proceeds to chat to the class about anything from her upcoming wedding to TV shows. The highest mark in our year was 56/69 (i think?) and I got 47. This will be a subject that's going to be self-taught for sure. I did revise for this exam.

ICT: A

Honestly, we're using the easiest exam board ever (WJEC) and this exam was terribly easy. I finished the hour long exam in 20 minutes. Would like to get an A* in the actual exam but I'm not overly concerned in all honesty. Didn't revise for this exam.

In addition to these subjects I take Drama and Media, but we didn't do any mock exams on these because we're focusing on coursework in Media and we did one of our Drama units (we haven't had any grades back on this yet though).

So, that's my results! What about yours? I'd be really interested in knowing ^_^
Txhmid
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
rly good keep it up
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Txhmid)
rly good keep it up
Thank you!!
Txhmid
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
for chemistry, just go through all the topics, write down bits of information you don't understand on a piece of a4, take them to a teacher and ask them to help you with them. after you understand all the content, start doing past papers, you will notice a pattern in the questions.
oh and also briefly go over the specification, taking note of anything you don't understand.
StevetheIcecube
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Wow, all those results are really good, and I'm actually really impressed that you revised and stuff. I didn't revise for my mocks last year and got a string of Bs and Cs with an A or two, I think. At that time, I had no idea what revision could do for my grades. Pulled my thumb out in the middle of spring term and came out with 8 A*s and 2 As.

Good luck with your GCSEs, it looks like you're going to do really well! Just keep working at Maths, I went from 70% to 98% in tests just by practising loads.
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
And then theres me with my grades.... brb going to kill myself.
RedSquirrels
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Have to say, it's really great that you revised, considering that so many don't bother, as you can see where your weaker areas are, and you've probably made the summer less stressful and unpleasant.

Keep it up, and best of luck. 🙂
RedSquirrels
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Popsiclez)
And then theres me with my grades.... brb going to kill myself.
Aw chin up mate, you still have 5/6 months to sort it out, careful and diligent revision will see you through 🙂
Popsiclez
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RedSquirrels)
Aw chin up mate, you still have 5/6 months to sort it out, careful and diligent revision will see you through 🙂
But I cant its hopeless I'm not TSR Level im just average, and I need to get A in Biology and Maths and at least a B in Chemistry, Ok maybe Chemistry is within my grap but the other 2 sigh.
RedSquirrels
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
But I cant its hopeless I'm not TSR Level im just average, and I need to get A in Biology and Maths and at least a B in Chemistry, Ok maybe Chemistry is within my grap but the other 2 sigh.
Don't give up. You can do it.

Past papers are the way forward 🙂

Also, try to get help from teachers, or (failing that) friends.
Popsiclez
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RedSquirrels)
Don't give up. You can do it.

Past papers are the way forward 🙂

Also, try to get help from teachers, or (failing that) friends.
Might aswell die trying I guess. Ok I'll just keep revising.
RedSquirrels
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Might aswell die trying I guess. Ok I'll just keep revising.
You'll be ok mate. Have a good Christmas 🎄 🙃🙂🙃🙂
GcSe KiD
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
@saffarinda Can you please tell me how you revised for english. It's my most weakest subject contrasting with the others. I am predicted a level 8. Any help with revision techniques - timetable - sources etc would be much much appreciated. I got a level 6 in both but i am able to get the level 8 as my previous teacher said i can and i have, just that my current teacher is not very good at teaching. Thanks a lot! :-)
Hers is what i got:-
Biology : A*
Chemistry : A*
Physics : A*
Geography : A*
R.E : A*
Computer Science : A (This was tough lol - OCR)
Spanish : B
English lit and lang : 6
Maths : 6
Lol i know im failing in the core subjects maths and english - Please can you give me and tips on how to improve? Thx it means a lot!
Samosa and Vada
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
How do you revise for English? Especially for Language,
tayybaf
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by GcSe KiD)
@saffarinda Can you please tell me how you revised for english. It's my most weakest subject contrasting with the others. I am predicted a level 8. Any help with revision techniques - timetable - sources etc would be much much appreciated. I got a level 6 in both but i am able to get the level 8 as my previous teacher said i can and i have, just that my current teacher is not very good at teaching. Thanks a lot! :-)
Hers is what i got:-
Biology : A*
Chemistry : A*
Physics : A*
Geography : A*
R.E : A*
Computer Science : A (This was tough lol - OCR)
Spanish : B
English lit and lang : 6
Maths : 6
Lol i know im failing in the core subjects maths and english - Please can you give me and tips on how to improve? Thx it means a lot!
hey .ur computing grade is amazing.can u plz tell me whether it was a past paper available on ocr website and what was on it.
Unknown468
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
English language - 6
English literature - 6
Maths - 7
Core science - B
Additional science - B
French - A*
Geography - B+
Resistant materials - B
Graphics - C
ICT - C (I don't actually do this lesson but have to take it as a final GCSE so I'm surprised I passed)
I did absolutely no revision for these mock exams and did better than I expected however not as well as my school thinks I should have done as I am predicted all A*s / 9s for my final GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Popsiclez
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Samosa and Vada)
How do you revise for English? Especially for Language,
Since my mocks I brought CGP Revision books its really helpful tells you how to set it out for top marks and what the examiners want to see and how to extract the information from the extract and develop points.
StevetheIcecube
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
As someone who got A* English Language, the thing that helped me most was working out a structure for answers. I think the questions are different now, but I imagine there's still a structure.
Aspiring123
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
LOL mocks mean crap I got 1A, B's, C's, and D's and a U in french. Ended up getting 2A* 6A. You guys could easily get the top grades, wait till AS and A2 to struggle
GcSe KiD
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tayybaf)
hey .ur computing grade is amazing.can u plz tell me whether it was a past paper available on ocr website and what was on it.
Thank you :-)
I don't think students can get it. The exam was 2016 so only the teachers can gain access. You can still practice of past papers though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
23.53%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (11)
32.35%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
8.82%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
17.65%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
5.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads