The Student Room Group

University of Sheffield with A*AA?

I have an offer to study Law at the University of Sheffield for AAA or AAB + A in EPQ. I think that this is my top choice, although I am predicted A*AA + A* in EPQ. If I achieve this, or even slightly higher if I am lucky, is Sheffield a wise choice?

Also, I haven't actually been to Sheffield, so any information about the city or university would be very welcome indeed!
Reply 1
Original post by ett11
I have an offer to study Law at the University of Sheffield for AAA or AAB + A in EPQ. I think that this is my top choice, although I am predicted A*AA + A* in EPQ. If I achieve this, or even slightly higher if I am lucky, is Sheffield a wise choice?

Also, I haven't actually been to Sheffield, so any information about the city or university would be very welcome indeed!

Sheffield has one of the best student unions in the country, and excellent sports facilities, music, clubs etc. It is also a Russell Group Redbrick Uni. What other universities were you thinking of? Sheffield is a great choice, I would say unless you have got an offer from Oxford or Cambridge go. Young students tend to be very happy at Sheffield as it is v student friendly
Reply 2
You can also check out Uni of Sheffield threads on TSR for a bit more info on student life there
Reply 3
Original post by EdiAnl
Sheffield has one of the best student unions in the country, and excellent sports facilities, music, clubs etc. It is also a Russell Group Redbrick Uni. What other universities were you thinking of? Sheffield is a great choice, I would say unless you have got an offer from Oxford or Cambridge go. Young students tend to be very happy at Sheffield as it is v student friendly

Thanks! I am definitely pretty sold on Sheffield. No, I would be choosing Sheffield over another RG with a slightly better reputation, but I really can't see myself at the other one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending