University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nhphipps3
Ahh ok, waiting for that to come through still

Did you receive a letter from Manchester outlining your course and congratulating you on your offer? On this letter it should have your personal University ID (near the top). You can then use this ID to setup an account on the accommodation website to submit your accommodation application :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by JaredzzC
Did you receive a letter from Manchester outlining your course and congratulating you on your offer? On this letter it should have your personal University ID (near the top). You can then use this ID to setup an account on the accommodation website to submit your accommodation application :smile:

Oh, perfect, I'll check that tomorrow

Original post by T Jack Zhang
Your profile is so strong. Do you really need a insurance choice? :wink:

Haha thanks, better safe than sorry I guess!
Course: Physics
Subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry
Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
Entry Requirements: A*A*A
Offer: Conditional, A*A*A
Firm/Insurance(?): Firm, Exeter is my
insurance

Does anyone have any idea how long it is between accepting the offer as firm and getting some emails from the Uni? Was hoping to apply for accommodation straight after I accepted a couple of days ago, but nothing has come through as of yet.

Hi, I am holding an unconditional but have not yet accepted. I have also applied for accomodation but haven't heard anything. What you mean you have booked your accomodation? As in, been assigned a halls?
Reply 63
Hi guys,
I recently got a conditional offer for Computer Science but have realized that I would much rather be doing Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering instead. Is it possible to change courses? If so, how should I proceed?
Reply 64
Original post by CS342
Hi guys,
I recently got a conditional offer for Computer Science but have realized that I would much rather be doing Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering instead. Is it possible to change courses? If so, how should I proceed?

Email the admissions. I got my offer changed from CS to CS and Maths. They are within the same department, however.
Original post by oliver_m70
Hi, I am holding an unconditional but have not yet accepted. I have also applied for accomodation but haven't heard anything. What you mean you have booked your accomodation? As in, been assigned a halls?

Just applied for accomodation! Has anyone else heard anything else from the uni after having accepted an offer?
Reply 66
Just applied for accomodation! Has anyone else heard anything else from the uni after having accepted an offer?

I get monthly offer-holder newsletters from my department, and an email about the applicant days, but nothing more since receiving the offer.

I believe if you make it your firm, they'll send you a starter/"welcome to manchester" welcome pack with info on a lot of things, but not too sure what else.
[QUOTE="Lilies_anonymous;69574616"]Course: Chinese and Linguistics
Subjects: Spanish,, Maths and Psychology (+EPQ)
Predicted Grades: unknown; AA*A*(+A/A* EPQ)
Offer: ABB
Firm/Insurance(?): I'm really not sure, i'm stuck between either Manchester or Leeds.

Are the student support services really good at Manchester? Because the course looks good but the impression I got when I went to the applicant day was that it was a bit more removed from students than at Leeds where it just oozed student- orientated.[/QUOTE

hello, i am from the admissions office. I am sorry to let you know that your offer, after further processing has been increased to A*A*A*A*
Course: Pharmacy
Subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English Literature
Predicted Grades: AAAA
Entry Requirements: AAA-ABB
Offer: Conditional, AAB
Firm/Insurance(?): I got all of my offers back in December but I've been really stuck between Nottingham and Manchester if anyone has any advice, please let me know. I'd really like to apply for accommodation soon.
Reply 69
Original post by wannabe_lawyer
Course: Pharmacy
Subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English Literature
Predicted Grades: AAAA
Entry Requirements: AAA-ABB
Offer: Conditional, AAB
Firm/Insurance(?): I got all of my offers back in December but I've been really stuck between Nottingham and Manchester if anyone has any advice, please let me know. I'd really like to apply for accommodation soon.

I'm exactly the same, uni wise!
I'm really stuck between Nottingham and Manchester.
I think I'm just going to go to the applicant day for both to help me decide, but in the mean time I've applied for my accommodation for Manchester because I don't want to leave it too late and their application process opened in December. I believe it doesn't open until March for Nottingham though.
Original post by JaredzzC
I'm exactly the same, uni wise!
I'm really stuck between Nottingham and Manchester.
I think I'm just going to go to the applicant day for both to help me decide, but in the mean time I've applied for my accommodation for Manchester because I don't want to leave it too late and their application process opened in December. I believe it doesn't open until March for Nottingham though.

I've just firmed Manchester :colondollar: The city and the facilities sold it for me over Nottingham's place in the league tables. I didn't realise I could apply for accommodation before I made my choice?? I'll probably apply for mine during the weekend
Reply 71
Original post by wannabe_lawyer
I've just firmed Manchester :colondollar: The city and the facilities sold it for me over Nottingham's place in the league tables. I didn't realise I could apply for accommodation before I made my choice?? I'll probably apply for mine during the weekend

Yea, same. As a city, I prefer Manchester a lot more. The facilities are great. I like the fact that they are investing £1billion over the next 10 years to improving the university. £300million of which is for a new engineering campus which will be completed half way through my course so i'll be able to take advantage of it. It was also named the 'European city of science' for 2016, so these things make it a very appealing prospect :smile: I fell in love with the uni when I went to an open day.

There is just something about Nottingham uni that I love though. I don't know what it is, I can't put my finger on it, but I just really love the uni as a whole, and the course modules I think may have a slight edge over Manchester for me. I also like that I can take a language alongside my course at Nottingham, even if I haven't initially applied for it (not sure if it's possible at manc though).

They both do incredibly well for Graduate Prospects, with those 2 pretty much always being in the Top 2 every year, so I guess I can't really go wrong with whichever one I choose, but I am feeling a slightly stronger connection with Manchester.

Yea, their application process for accommodation opened in December :P
You only need to hold an offer from them to be able to send off the accommodation form.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just got an offer for engineering with foundation year, without any interview :smile:
Don't know if I will firm it because I got accepted elsewhere for aeronautical engineering without foundation
But i am so happy about manchester
Offer was for 30 points with 6 in physics, math, and English A
Original post by the_little_lady
Just got an offer for engineering with foundation year, without any interview :smile:
Don't know if I will firm it because I got accepted elsewhere for aeronautical engineering without foundation
But i am so happy about manchester
Offer was for 30 points with 6 in physics, math, and English A

Congratulations!! Well-deserved, I'm sure :wink:!
Reply 74
I got an offer to study at Manchester Uni.
Philosophy and Politics
Grades that I need to get: ABB
Offer of AAB to study PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics)

Stuck between Manchester and Leeds to put as my firm 😶
Course: Mathematics with statistics
Subjects: maths, statistics, further maths
Predicted grades: AAB
Offer: AAA
Firm/Insurance?: Firm! The uni looked fantastic at the open day!
Got a conditional to study PPE :smile:
my predicted grades were 1.2 at German Abitur and my offer is 1.5 :biggrin: will be my firm / insurance, depending on whether I'll get an offer for Politics & Philosophy from Edinburgh... Anyone been to an open day and can tell me how it was? I've been to Manchester only once and absolutely loved the city, but couldn't attend the offer holder day as I'd have to fly over from Germany
Has anyone had an invitation to an offer holder open day? I received an offer for English and American Studies but haven't had one, and it's difficult to make a decision without a proper subject tailored taster day.
Went for my interview for Environmental Science on Wednesday! Got my offer and firmly accepted it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending