Lizarnason
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing my IGCSE exams in exactly four months from now and I'm completely lost. I'm doing Bio, Chem, and Physics, all extended papers through CIE exam board. I have compiled past papers and specimen papers for this year but I just don't know what to do. I really need an A* in these three subjects. Help me please. Thank you.
Hajra Momoniat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look at your exam boards spec and keep up the past papers
Charlielo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well for the sciences, see where you stand first. Are you confident with most things and do you know your theory and facts? If so then there's really no need to work hardcore but I would suggest going through the syllabus to make sure you know everything from top to bottom. If you're not so sure about things, as in you haven't really been working hard throughout the year then I would suggest you start to make notes on the things you don't know. Really learn those things and use your syllabus as a guide to make sure you don't miss out anything. After you're done making notes then you can move onto past papers.
Past papers are beautiful because 1. Questions are often repeated and 2. You can learn exam technique and key words that the examiner is looking for, so do past papers, under timed conditions and when you're done, mark them strictly. Go back and look at which questions you got wrong and go back and refresh on that topic aswell as learn the mark scheme answers for it. Repeat this past paper trick till you find yourself getting better and better and starting to hit A* grades.

Once you're done with all this you can relax a bit. Near exam time, don't panic as this can lead to forgetfulness and make sure you're well prepared, and go on and rock your exam Good luck! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads