The Student Room Group

Drop science degree for music

Hi
I have just completed my first term of a zoology degree and I really don't know how I feel about it. I have always been good at science but now I'm starting to doubt whether I enjoy it or am just good at it. Now I'm home for the holidays everyone's been asking what I have enjoyed and found interesting and I really struggle to answer. I also don't know that I actually want a career in science anymore. I used to think I wanted to work in a zoo or something but now I really don't know. I am working front of house at my local theatre over Christmas and I really enjoy it far more than I have enjoyed the animal work experience I have done in the past. I have my grade 8 clarinet and I love being in orchestras and things like that. The one job I know I would love would be to be in a professional orchestra or band for musical theatre. The problem is I know that so many other people want to do that and there are people much younger than me that also have their grade 8 do are in a much better position. It would be a huge gamble to drop out of uni and focus on music and try to get into music college and I have signed a house contract for next year which is probably the biggest problem. I just don't know what to because I know I love music but I'm not sure if I love science. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending