The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Selection Test for Midwifery - Wolverhampton University

I have recently applied to study Midwifery and this morning I was invited to participate in a Selection Test at Wolverhampton University! I was wondering if anyone had any useful tips or could share any insight into what to expect? Also if anyone had any good links or could recommend any resources to use in order to prepare/revise for the test! Thank you :smile:
Original post by jasminehaines
I have recently applied to study Midwifery and this morning I was invited to participate in a Selection Test at Wolverhampton University! I was wondering if anyone had any useful tips or could share any insight into what to expect? Also if anyone had any good links or could recommend any resources to use in order to prepare/revise for the test! Thank you :smile:

Hi I had mine last Tuesday!!! I thought I would have the results back but not yet!
How did u find it? X
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by Jackz1836
Hi I had mine last Tuesday!!! I thought I would have the results back but not yet!
How did u find it? X

I haven't had mine yet my test is on the 5th of Jan:smile:! How was it? Hope it went well x
Original post by Jackz1836
How did u find it? X

I had an email saying mine is on the 10thJan I'm so nervous as this is my second time applying to this course. Do you have any tips as to what to expect? Thanks x
I passed the selection test and I am now waiting on information regarding the interview!:smile: Anyone else?
I passed the selection test and I am now waiting on information regarding the interview!:smile: Anyone else?

Congratulations I haven't heard back as of yet

Yes I passed too! Waiting for interview date!!! X
Reply 7
Hi guys, what were the tests like for the entry onto midwifery degree at wolverhampton university?
Hi Sambtink, i did the tests and interview also, i personally thought the maths was quite hard at the time but managed to pass it, so my advice would be to revise maths on bbc bitesize or something similar, it included decimals and coverting measurements as well as plotting a graph and the english was an essay on a random subject to do with health.

i had an interview where i had to take an item that encapsulates the 6C's and i had to present it to the interviewers and a small group, you then have a personal interview and are asked scenario type questions.

i did all mine before christmas though and have a conditional offer for sept 2018.

Good Luck Guys!
Original post by AimeeJean1988
Hi Sambtink, i did the tests and interview also, i personally thought the maths was quite hard at the time but managed to pass it, so my advice would be to revise maths on bbc bitesize or something similar, it included decimals and coverting measurements as well as plotting a graph and the english was an essay on a random subject to do with health.

i had an interview where i had to take an item that encapsulates the 6C's and i had to present it to the interviewers and a small group, you then have a personal interview and are asked scenario type questions.

i did all mine before christmas though and have a conditional offer for sept 2018.

Good Luck Guys!

Hi! I was wondering if you give more detail about what to revise for the maths? Like everything on the bbc bitesize website to do with fractions decimals percentages and measurement converting? Also did you look for articles regarding health or is the literacy test wingable?
Do they allow the use of calculators?
hi kalikuku,

The test was non-calculator, yes all of the stuff that you have mentioned and there was also plotting a graph too, also bits of algebra, the literacy was a random essay that was quite general, i didnt look up any articles but it wont hurt to be extra prepared just in case, and it was wingable to be fair, i think they were just looking to see that you're able to write a structured academic essay to be honest. (introduction, paragraphs, conclusion ect). When do you have yours?
Original post by AimeeJean1988
hi kalikuku,

The test was non-calculator, yes all of the stuff that you have mentioned and there was also plotting a graph too, also bits of algebra, the literacy was a random essay that was quite general, i didnt look up any articles but it wont hurt to be extra prepared just in case, and it was wingable to be fair, i think they were just looking to see that you're able to write a structured academic essay to be honest. (introduction, paragraphs, conclusion ect). When do you have yours?

Tomorrow and I'm not quite prepared aha wish me luck though!
Hi jasmine I've just got an admissions test to I'm assuming you've done yours by now. I'd appreciate any tips you could give me.

Hi there I hope your well. I have mine in a few days the interview can you tell me the structure of the day and what they made you do xx

Quick Reply

Latest