The Student Room Group

Unconditional Uni Offers *DEC 2016*

I'm very curious as to what criteria universities used to award unconditional offers. If you would be so kind as to say your GCSE grades, AS results and predicted grades if you have received an unconditional offer!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by EstelleAntonia
I'm very curious as to what criteria universities used to award unconditional offers. If you would be so kind as to say your GCSE grades, AS results and predicted grades if you have received an unconditional offer!

Hey,
I got my unconditional to Newcastle University for Computer Science yesterday and am over the moon!
GCSE grades: 3A* 7A 3B including short course PE and RS which I got a B in
AS grades: ABBC
Predicted grades: AAA

I believe the reason that I got this unconditional offer was due to my unique personal statement and my performance in interview as friends with higher grades haven't received unconditionals.
Original post by Likeu459
Hey,
I got my unconditional to Newcastle University for Computer Science yesterday and am over the moon!
GCSE grades: 3A* 7A 3B including short course PE and RS which I got a B in
AS grades: ABBC
Predicted grades: AAA

I believe the reason that I got this unconditional offer was due to my unique personal statement and my performance in interview as friends with higher grades haven't received unconditionals.

Congratulations that's amazing! It sounds like you've worked hard and deserve it! Best of luck, and thanks for answering!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by EstelleAntonia

It entirely depends on the university. Some, eg Birmingham, give Unconditional If Firm offers as a marketing technique to help them secure students. It's not necessarily in your interests to seek out and/or accept such offers.

But all universities can give unconditional offers if you apply with A-level or equivalent grades already achieved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi
I got:
AAAAAAAB at National 5
AAAAB at Higher
Targeted for AAAA at Advanced Higher / Crash Highers

Currently have offers from Glasgow, Strathclyde and Dundee, all unconditionals :smile: Still waiting to hear back from St. Andrew's and Edinburgh in the new year
Got an unconditional for English lit at Kent the day after applying.
Predicted: A*AB
Requirement: ABB
I've had two unconditionals so far-- one from Kent and one from Roehampton.

GCSES: 4A*9A
AS: AB
Predicted A2: AAA
They're mostly used by the rubbish universities in order to persuade people who have predicted grades better than the calibre of students they would usually get to go there, despite the fact that the student is quite capable of going to a university that would actually be worth the £40,000+ debt. And for some reason the University of Birmingham gives them out too which has always struck me as odd because I can't imagine they struggle for decent applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest