Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else hate it when... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...people ask you how you think youve done in exams, and what you think youll get on august 19th?

Its so annoying, you cant give a proper answer, obviously youre praying that you have met the grades and you think if you say something low(try to be modest) then it might actually happen!

And if you say something high/Ive met my offer then you think youre tempting fate...

Then theres always the fact that you dont really have a clue how youve done..

Also makes me start thinking about results day and I get scareddddddddd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    ...people ask you how you think youve done in exams, and what you think youll get on august 19th?

Its so annoying, you cant give a proper answer, obviously youre praying that you have met the grades and you think if you say something low(try to be modest) then it might actually happen!

And if you say something high/Ive met my offer then you think youre tempting fate...

yes: and then they go and moan at you cus you cant give give a straight answer.... Whats up with that???? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    When I honestly answer based on overall grades in accordance to AS and A2 modules already done, I say I only need this to get AAA. I always get a look of 'shut-up'. They shouldnt ever ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
    yes: and then they go and moan at you cus you cant give give a straight answer.... Whats up with that???? :confused:
    I prefer to just say 'I dunno, hopefully Ill get the grades but I dont really have a clue'

ReputationRep:
    I opt for "Dunno, fingers crossed eh?" personally.

ReputationRep:

, i know it reminds of somthing you dont really wanna remember

ReputationRep:
    hehe, what i used to hate last year was people used to say that, and id reply. i think ive done ok in maths probably b but a if im lucky but not too good in psychology probably a b if im lucky and awful in physics scraping a c if i was lucky....and everyone used to say "oh your just putting yourself down..be more positive"

and then results day came...and i was like "told you so" almost getting what id predicted perfectly!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    hehe, what i used to hate last year was people used to say that, and id reply. i think ive done ok in maths probably b but a if im lucky but not too good in psychology probably a b if im lucky and awful in physics scraping a c if i was lucky....and everyone used to say "oh your just putting yourself down..be more positive"

and then results day came...and i was like "told you so" almost getting what id predicted perfectly!

love Katy ***
    great, i jsut tell them that i think i have messed up big times, this way if i do then well, what the heck right? and if i do good, well, then evryone feels happy for me

ReputationRep:

Yes I hate it, and when I say I don't know people go oh you know you have done well just admit it. When I don't know that I have done well and I am worried about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-One)
    great, i jsut tell them that i think i have messed up big times, this way if i do then well, what the heck right? and if i do good, well, then evryone feels happy for me
    No people get sick of you being unrealistic.

ReputationRep:

if you revise and pray you'll get the results you wanna get. And at the end of the exam you can have a guess if you found the questions easy or hard. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    No people get sick of you being unrealistic.

some times the truth is just to painfull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _tobi_coker07_)
    if you revise and pray you'll get the results you wanna get. And at the end of the exam you can have a guess if you found the questions easy or hard. :cool:
    Yeh but I dont wanna guess, thats the whole point.

ReputationRep:
    It really scares me I don't want to jinx my results

I'm always worried that I'll overestimate how well I've done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    It really scares me I don't want to jinx my results

I'm always worried that I'll overestimate how well I've done
    Exactly

And another thing that pisses me off is that last year results were on the 14th, and now I keep thinking 'If only they were on the 14th it would only be 10 days away now!' and stuff :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well whatever happens im about 95% sure i havent got into my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    What for, what's the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    You say this, but secretly you really hope you have got in dont you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    What for, what's the offer?
    Bath Maths, AAA (or AAB + a in AS Further)

You say this, but secretly you really hope you have got in dont you?
    thats what the 5% is for

ReputationRep:
    Oh my godddd, only 15 days until hat eating day.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.