Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought it might be nice to do some pleasant reminiscing.

My best day was Saturday 23rd June this year, at Glastonbury. Saw my two favourite bands live (DPT and Babyshambles) and had my first experience of live music, plus I went with my older brother and it was the most amazing bonding day. Just overall some fantastic memories and I was amazingly happy all day.

What about you guys? What would you call the best day of your life?

ReputationRep:
    I have two days I think I consider the best days in my life (as in, the actual event happening), the day my youngest brother was born (he's 3 now), and the day I met my current best friend.
    Saying that, I've obviously had much better days WITH both people since - it's just that those two specific days led to the rest happening, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    mmm ive had a couple of "ok days"
    last one was jan 29 (?) this year. At the Big Day Out. My first real music festival, first time at real moshing, all me mates there, stuff like that, and I saw Muse

ReputationRep:
    Any day spent tripping on acid, sitting under a tree in the rare winter sun with a friend, debating the human experience, the grass and insects and the air itself adjudicating... then singing songs with an old accoustic, enticing nature to sing along and, through her help, writing new songs. Blending the old and the new, being one with nature, and bringing about change through self-understanding.

A really good day is free of things like electricity, cars, mobile phones... a really good day is a day spent loving mother nature.

I'd love to learn how to play the scitar.

I wanna go to india.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidintheriot)
    I thought it might be nice to do some pleasant reminiscing.

My best day was Saturday 23rd June this year, at Glastonbury. Saw my two favourite bands live (DPT and Babyshambles) and had my first experience of live music, plus I went with my older brother and it was the most amazing bonding day. Just overall some fantastic memories and I was amazingly happy all day.

What about you guys? What would you call the best day of your life?
    That was my birthday and I was a bridesmaid and incidentally one of the best days of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Metallica concert on the 8th July at Wembley. It was a week after my last A-level exam which made it even better.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a few, all within the space of 15 months. The first was the day West Brom escaped relegation from the Premiership against all the odds, I don't think I've had a moment of euphoria like that before or since. The second was, after a 2 month spell of depression when my best friend hated me, things worked out OK once again. And the third was A Level results day - I really didn't think I was going to get into my firm choice (Warwick) and then got in by marks you can count on one hand.

ReputationRep:
    the last night of leeds festival last year when i saw Muse for the first time with my best friends. it was pouring with rain but it didn't matter.

and when i saw Boro beat Steau Bucharest in the final seconds of the UEFA cup semi-final

ReputationRep:
    you all love your music!

One of the best days of my life was one wednesday in august last year, my gf was visiting me for the week, i came home from work to find she'd cooked dinner etc etc, possibly very unoriginal but it was amazing.

and i had a really good day yesterday too, happy days

ReputationRep:
    When i was travelling to Florida for the first time in 2000. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    25th sept 05 - the day I became a mother for the first time

ReputationRep:
    Probably when my brother was born, I was only 4 at the time but I remember it pretty well.
    Not so great now he's a teenager. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    When i was travelling to Florida for the first time in 2000. ;yes;
    The first time for me was pretty awesome too. When we flew over, it was at night time and the land seemed to resemble the "Monkey Island" map.

ReputationRep:
    Th 4 days I spent in NY were amazing. I was surrounded by my best friends in the most amazing place I've ever seen, it was just fantastic. As a few other people have said, results days were good, GCSE day was pretty good, I got into the local newspaper and everything and A Level results day as I got in to my firm Sussex, the university I've wanted to go to since the start of Year 12.

ReputationRep:
    The day my dad only hit me with the belt 4times because it was my bday , ahh the memories

ReputationRep:
    Some time in the May of 2006. I met Tommy off Groundforce.

ReputationRep:
    The two weeks at Disneyland, Florida. But most specifically, watching fireworks over the castle, with my Mum, in the POURING rain on our way home from Peter Pan club. One of the nicest, most vivid memories I have from my childhood.

Various from when I did really well in HOYS with my horses.

My training week from my ski season, various days from my season.

ReputationRep:
    Probably when i went to Canada 3 years ago. It was an amazing holiday, really loved it.

And there have definetly been times since then, with some amazing people, which i would add to that list. But as you don't know them, it's pretty pointless explaining what happened. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I really dont know.
    I have a few great days in mind which are/were all great for different reasons so in a sense they are all as good as one another.

Im still waiting for that one defining day that I can truely say is the best day of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWZa)
    The first time for me was pretty awesome too. When we flew over, it was at night time and the land seemed to resemble the "Monkey Island" map
    Shame the airplane food is so crap. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.