Is it worth staying single at 16/17??

Watch
amyrachell
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i feel like every boy i have spoke to has caused me stress and made me so down, is it normal to be single at this age and should it not bother me?? Like so many of my mates are happy in relationships and i just wonder what i do wrong. Is it worth to just be friends with lads and not go any further as it has affecting me very badly. I just don't know how to stop myself replying to boys who are good looking and believing the are different.. How do i live a happy single life and not get distracted ahaha???
hezzlington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amyrachell)
i feel like every boy i have spoke to has caused me stress and made me so down, is it normal to be single at this age and should it not bother me?? Like so many of my mates are happy in relationships and i just wonder what i do wrong. Is it worth to just be friends with lads and not go any further as it has affecting me very badly. I just don't know how to stop myself replying to boys who are good looking and believing the are different.. How do i live a happy single life and not get distracted ahaha???
Yes? A relationship isn't a tick in the box. When it works, it works. Age is irrelevant.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't get into a relationship for the sake of getting into one because you're 16/17. Take a step back and enjoy being single for now.
amyrachell
Rep:
?
(Original post by hezzlington)
Yes? A relationship isn't a tick in the box. When it works, it works. Age is irrelevant.
It never works out tho that's why i'm wondering like is it worth dwelling about it at this age??
amyrachell
Rep:
?
(Original post by UWS)
Don't get into a relationship for the sake of getting into one because you're 16/17. Take a step back and enjoy being single for now.
True true
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was still playing with Barbies at your age.

Spoiler:
Show

Oh, wait...
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
life is easier single
Sabby888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It never works out tho that's why i'm wondering like is it worth dwelling about it at this age??
No. Not worth it at all. My first relationship happened at 20. Seriously just let it happen when it happens. Just enjoy your life, trust me your friends aren't as happy as they seem.
xbiostudentx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I was 16 I spent all day playing GTA 4
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
No, imo it can be a waste of time. In all honesty what can a 16/17 year old give you that you'll look for in a long term partner?
The stress of breaking up can hinder your exam results, and even talking to them and going out with them can be a massive distraction.
amyrachell
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kravence)
life is easier single
How come
amyrachell
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
No, imo it can be a waste of time. In all honesty what can a 16/17 year old give you that you'll look for in a long term partner?
The stress of breaking up can hinder your exam results, and even talking to them and going out with them can be a massive distraction.
I know, you're right i always get really distracted and then end up devastated after it
amyrachell
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabby888)
No. Not worth it at all. My first relationship happened at 20. Seriously just let it happen when it happens. Just enjoy your life, trust me your friends aren't as happy as they seem.
Yeah i guess your right
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How come
Getting in a relationship is adding more responsibilities to your already long list. Unless you really have nothing going on, you don't need to get in one till later on
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ofc it's not worth it. Relationships at 16/17 rarely last and are pointless so don't bother. I'm 17 and I don't get why girls focus so much on relationships
Sabby888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kravence)
Getting in a relationship is adding more responsibilities to your already long list. Unless you really have nothing going on, you don't need to get in one till later on
Can't even stress this enough, YAAASSSSSS. It is such a responsibility, it's not like you need an extra one.
amyrachell
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
Ofc it's not worth it. Relationships at 16/17 rarely last and are pointless so don't bother. I'm 17 and I don't get why girls focus so much on relationships
I know! deep down i know this is true but when you like someone you forget about how pointless it is
Hannaha124
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a no from me tbh. I'm 17 and a relationship rn would be so so so pointless/useless. Save yourself from taking a L and skip having a relationship now
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Relationships are more effort than they're worth, especially at that age. And they're definitely more effort than remaining single.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hell yes!!! stay single, it is less hassel! As a fellow 17 year old I can tell you that it is much better to spend this time focusing on yourself and realising what it is you really want (life or relationships). On the other hand, it may just be a bad phase of people you have met in terms of dating. If you want to put it in perspective, you are not even a quater of the way through your life, so what is the rush
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (27)
14.44%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (55)
29.41%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
40.11%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.37%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise