The Student Room Group

Was it rape or just being drunk?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for reinforcing the world where rape culture is acceptable. It was rape and it has taken me nearly a month to admit and accept that it wasnt my fault. I said no and he forced me to carry on, despite me crying. Someone grabbing your neck and forcing you down is rape. I'm now getting support, I hope this never happens to you and if it does people don't question you <3

Idiotic statement, I clearly said if you really said no then it IS rape. Which is clearly illegal and not acceptable. HOWEVER just because you accuse someone of doing this doesn't mean this is true or that he should automatically be considered guilty. The guy may have a different version of the story

But on an equally rude note- Thank you for reinforcing the idea that when a woman accuses a man of doing something we should automatically believe the accuser and not give innocent people their fair chance.

As for "Rape Culture" if the man was drunk and the woman is sober why is the woman not considered a criminal- you clearly don't believe in equality
Original post by jane matthews
OK and if the man is drunk and lacks capacity and the woman has sex with him then she should also be sentenced

I dont think anyone here is disagreeing with that.

in the situation provided, the victim is female. provided information is basis how we may respond in accordance to that situation.

of coarse a female would and should be accounted for just as a male should

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Idiotic statement, I clearly said if you really said no then it IS rape. Which is clearly illegal and not acceptable. HOWEVER just because you accuse someone of doing this doesn't mean this is true or that he should automatically be considered guilty. The guy may have a different version of the story

But on an equally rude note- Thank you for reinforcing the idea that when a woman accuses a man of doing something we should automatically believe the accuser and not give innocent people their fair chance.

As for "Rape Culture" if the man was drunk and the woman is sober why is the woman not considered a criminal- you clearly don't believe in equality

yes your statement was idiotic. go back over your post to which anonymus replied to. you state that incident described could only have been rape if she had said No. not only is this false but you continue to flip her story.

instead of sympathizing with a person who already said there would be no further charges, you charge in by saying her claim was a complete lie. in honor of the other story?

poor choice of words. treat the situation under scrutiny all you like, but do so in a hypothetical manner.

do you believe a drunk could not be assulted if they agree to their assult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
OK and if the man is drunk and lacks capacity and the woman has sex with him then she should also be sentenced

It'd be sexual assault, s3 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

If as part of it, she penetrated him with anything (for example a finger or a dildo) it'd be assault by penetration (s2) and carry the same maximum penalty of life.
Original post by da_nolo
yes your statement was idiotic. go back over your post to which anonymus replied to. you state that incident described could only have been rape if she had said No. not only is this false but you continue to flip her story.

instead of sympathizing with a person who already said there would be no further charges, you charge in by saying her claim was a complete lie. in honor of the other story?

poor choice of words. treat the situation under scrutiny all you like, but do so in a hypothetical manner.

do you believe a drunk could not be assulted if they agree to their assult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you obviously can't read properly, I didn't say "only if you said no" I said if you said no then it is clear. It was in a hypothetical manner hence the word (((((IF))))))))

Its a valid point why do men not get the same protection as women, if the man was drunk and the woman was sober and she has sex with him without his consent. Why does it come down to penetration which women don't do when a man and woman have sex so that's unfair.
which women don't do when a man and woman have sex so that's unfair.

Speak for yourself.
No you obviously can't read properly, I didn't say "only if you said no" I said if you said no then it is clear. It was in a hypothetical manner hence the word (((((IF))))))))

Its a valid point why do men not get the same protection as women, if the man was drunk and the woman was sober and she has sex with him without his consent. Why does it come down to penetration which women don't do when a man and woman have sex so that's unfair.

Penetration? I said nothing about penetration. However, one may assume a violation of the body would include penetration as well as other forms.
Original post by unprinted
Speak for yourself.
I mean they can do it, but sex is possible without a female penetrating the male

Quick Reply

Latest