Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats the most heartfelt/ romantic thing you can say or do, gestures etc

nothing to mushy just like sweet gestures

ReputationRep:
    ermm, propose maybe? i always associate heartfelt gestures with people being a bit mentally in love with someone and trying to win them over...desperation in other words. as if throwing a bunch of roses at somebody will make them love you!

that said, if my boyfriend were to give me a bunch of roses i wouldn't say no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qubog)
    ermm, propose maybe? i always associate heartfelt gestures with people being a bit mentally in love with someone and trying to win them over...desperation in other words. as if throwing a bunch of roses at somebody will make them love you!

that said, if my boyfriend were to give me a bunch of roses i wouldn't say no

lol

ReputationRep:
    I think it needs to be personal. Saying that though, my boyfriend went and found my favourite movie and lit candles everywhere for me to come home to after a horrible shift at work. I thought that was lovely. He has sent me a big bunch of flowers because I was having a difficult time with uni, which really cheered me up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robin_Hood90)
    whats the most heartfelt/ romantic thing you can say or do, gestures etc
    A book-token.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not all that into cliched gestures, but when a guy has remembered something I said to him aaages ago, or does something which proves he has actually been listening when I've been rambling on at him, I always find that really lovely. Even better, where he reads my mind and knows me well enough to do something personal which I would love, without me needing to hint at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    I'm not all that into cliched gestures, but when a guy has remembered something I said to him aaages ago, or does something which proves he has actually been listening when I've been rambling on at him, I always find that really lovely. Even better, where he reads my mind and knows me well enough to do something personal which I would love, without me needing to hint at it.
    :dito: Basically anything small that shows they know you/care.

Also if we are talking about sayings.. 'I love you' has got to be one of the most heartfelt sayings.. as long as they mean it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    :dito: Basically anything small that shows they know you/care.
    so buying you shoes? :p:

dammit, you edited it.

ReputationRep:
    Show, don't tell.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i was too quick!

But i wouldnt say no if ym bf offered to buy me shoes lol.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend brought me a packet of malteasers. I'd said in passing a few days ago that I hadn't had them for ages, and he remembered and got me some. I found that pretty sweet

ReputationRep:
    A big slap on the lips does me just fine.

Seriously, cute things. Stuff only you two would "get". S'always the best.

ReputationRep:
    'I didn't believe in love until i met you'
    Bless.
    Wish someone would be so nice as to say that to me haha.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ thats so sweet

ReputationRep:
    maybe slightly different; but for me, the sweetest thing is when my bf brings my mum a pressie! lol! then she approves of him all the more which makes me love him more!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.