Turn on thread page Beta

A simple video editing software watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a simple program (not too expensive, if possible) that will allow me to edit my videos that are uploaded from my Panasonic DV-cam. Being a total n00b into this video editing world, I would like it to be as simple as possible. For now all I am looking for is cutting and rearranging video clips (like if I have a scene that is 20 minutes long and I only want 30 seconds from 10 different places I should be able to do that). No need for any real special effects - tho something like slow-mo would be nice.

The thing I would prefer over all else is a good interface - not too much on the screen except for what is required.

I know the natural choice that comes to mind is iMovie - but alas I do not have the money to buy a laptop right now, let alone a Macbook. So for now all I have is my trusty PC. Once I have the money I will buy a MBP then I'll start using iMovie (though I heard the latest one is pretty much crap).

So there you go. A simple, easy to use video editing program anyone? Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I use iMovie in school, love it. [/pointless]
    I use Windows Movie Maker to edit videos at home, as much as I despise it. For a number of reasons. Taking ages to import, ages to save, and generally just being ****e. So I'd like to try out a different editing software if there's any available for free.

ReputationRep:
    If you do want it really basic, go for MovieMaker - especially as it's ready for you there. It's good enough to do what you've said you want, until you get some practice and move to iMovie.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

decent freeware software, only used it a cople of tymes tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    If you do want it really basic, go for MovieMaker - especially as it's ready for you there. It's good enough to do what you've said you want, until you get some practice and move to iMovie.
    I've tried using it, but it just doesnt seem to work right. It must be something that MSoft did wrong or I am probably VERY BAD in video editing lol. A friend of mine is a complete fan of Adobe Premiere Elements. He's got an old copy that he's going to lend to me - is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    Aww. Yeah MovieMaker does have it's fair share of problems so it's probably not you.
    I've gotta admit I've never used Premiere Elements, but I use Premiere Pro and that's great, so if it's anything like it's more expensive counterpart it should be good.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.