Next EU president wants Muslims to be banned

Watch
zigglr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns...ndum-152685040

Will we see a ban of Muslims in the US and EU?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zigglr)

aw come on you got that from a website called middleeasteye, i've never been to that site but is it biased at all on muslim's behalf?
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zigglr)

He might also want Europhobic Brits banned from Europe too.
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hasn't this supposedly already occurred with Slovakia taking presiding role earlier in the year? Since their PM saying Islam has no place in their country and Muslim immigrants change the culture of any nation they inhabit, which he says he will never allow to happen to Slovakia and he wouldn't let a single Mosque be built (it's the only nation in the EU with no functioning Mosque's)

...yet the presiding role doesn't suddenly let you change the attitude of the EU in it's entirety.
mariachi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joey11223)
Hasn't this supposedly already occurred with Slovakia taking presiding role earlier in the year? Since their PM saying Islam has no place in their country and Muslim immigrants change the culture of any nation they inhabit, which he says he will never allow to happen to Slovakia and he wouldn't let a single Mosque be built (it's the only nation in the EU with no functioning Mosque's)

...yet the presiding role doesn't suddenly let you change the attitude of the EU in it's entirety.
the role of the rotating presidency of the Council of the EU is minor

its most important role is to try and work out compromises in case of difficulties in reaching a consensus for Council decisions
HAnwar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
aw come on you got that from a website called middleeasteye, i've never been to that site but is it biased at all on muslim's behalf?
The author's name is Peter Oborne...

Also
"The views expressed in this article belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of Middle East Eye."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He's not the President of the European Union (which doesn't exist). Slovakia currently holds the Presidency of the Council of the European Union but firstly, this is held by the Slovakian government, not any individual, and secondly the Slovakian term is nearly over now and quite clearly nothing of the sort has happened.
mariachi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HAnwar)
he seems quite disinformed about the EU's institutional setup. There is no such thing as an "EU President"
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HAnwar)

Also
"The views expressed in this article belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of Middle East Eye."

Posted from TSR Mobile
He could still be Muslim. Or it could be a pseudonym.

And yea. Gotta love disclaimers.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mariachi)
he seems quite disinformed about the EU's institutional setup. There is no such thing as an "EU President"
lol!

theres a president of the council, and the commission, these fools.

Also could barely get through the news article editorial because it went from EU "President" to "Slovakia." I...failed to see the connect.
mariachi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0to100)
lol!

theres a president of the council, and the commission, these fools.

Also could barely get through the news article editorial because it went from EU "President" to "Slovakia." I...failed to see the connect.
yes,there is a 6-month rotating presidency of the Council of the EU, at present held by Slovakia (until December 31) : it is mainly responsible for organising the internal work of the Council of the EU. But there is no "president" in particular , and mostly the "presidency" works as a "trio" (former, present, and future presidency) http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/co...cy-council-eu/

There are, on the other hand, a President of the European Council (former Polish PM, Donald Tusk), a President of the Commission (Juncker), of the European Parliament (Schulz) etc etc
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The article is clearly from before the brexit vote, never mind that the "EU President" role doesn't exist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
14.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
32.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.64%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.65%
I think it's an unfair expectation (75)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads