Dubai... Watch

pookie8911
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi, I'm 18 and in Dubai for a few months. The problem I've got is I don't actually know many people out here at all, and was wondering if anyone else who lives here had any suggestions for meeting people my age...or if anyone else is in the same situation...? Just get in touch!!
D!zzy
Report 11 years ago
thats a shame cause i was in dubai a few weeks ago...
anyways i dont think its that easy to make friends over there...cause ppl in general are reserved about everything....but then again you could try and talk to the ppl staying in and around you...where abouts in dubai are you ???
pookie8911
Rep:
?
Well I'm living in the Emirates Hills area...my mum's suggesting I join a group or something, but even then.... I literally don't know anyone, so it's not even like i can go 'out' with someone in order to meet new people! And plus the whole 21 drinking age means I can't really go 'out'...!!! Hmmm.....it's really annoying!!
Anonymous samosa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
go to mall of emirates....do skiing and chat up some girls...get thier numbers...link them for dinner...and enjoy!
D!zzy
Report 11 years ago
yea...was gonna suggest the mall of emirates...other than that i'm not too sure really...
Anonymous samosa
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
go wild wadi....go karting in jebel ali...beach...
digitalis
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The girl wants to meet people, not do wild wadi etc etc.

I lived there for 14 years, it might be a bit difficult randomly meeting people. Don't expect much activity till mid September, there's a mass exodus away for the summer. You might find getting promotional work (modelling/working for companies promoting goods) as your a girl. That way you can meet people.
Otherwise head down to Mall of the Emirates or the beach and strike up some conversations. To meet people, your best bet is shisha. Popular student hangouts i.e. school are Metropolitan Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, behind the cinema or Reem al Bawadi on Beach Road, near HSBC bank.
PM me for bars/clubs, you shouldnt have much problems as your 18 if you get the right stuff....
Be wary of over friendly men, especially mid 20s to 30s....
pookie8911
Rep:
?
Thanks...! Yeh....I do want to meet people...and yes, I am a girl, so the idea of chatting up girls on the ski slope is unlikely to work! You're right though - I've been living her just over 3 years, so I've done Wild Wadi multiple times...and that's nothing too fun to do on your own anyway! Thanks though for the advice....anything anyone can come up with is probably better than nothing!
goali2
Report 11 years ago
Well you will be living in Emirates Hills so I am sure that they a bar or a health club or a shisha cafe something of that sort. Could always go there and meet people. Like your neighbourhs and stuff. I have heard that its pretty east to get accquantated with people living in places like Meadows Lakes Hills Springs that sort of place as there is a real community feel. Like digitalis said "Be wary of over friendly men, especially mid 20s to 30s....". I am also 18 and tbh its not hard to get into bars and clubs even if you dont have an ID. Thought you might have problems on a thursday nite. Good luck with your time in Dubai. Its a really nice city with not a very high crime rate and theres just soo much you can do here but I would also consider it to be FAKE CENTRAL as its way too Materialistic. Anyways hope you have a good time in Dubai.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (371)
74.35%
No (128)
25.65%

Watched Threads