The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Fee status

I am an Italian citizen and my parents are also Italian citizens and we have been living in China for the last 4 years. I was asked to complete a fee status questionnaire by Imperial and I have now received an offer saying that my Fee Status is Overseas. One of the reasons I chose to study in the UK is that the fees were lower because I'm an EU citizen. I won't be able to go there if I have to pay for the Overseas fees. My father is working for an Italian company meaning that he is paying taxes in Italy.
Original post by Edmodo
I am an Italian citizen and my parents are also Italian citizens and we have been living in China for the last 4 years. I was asked to complete a fee status questionnaire by Imperial and I have now received an offer saying that my Fee Status is Overseas. One of the reasons I chose to study in the UK is that the fees were lower because I'm an EU citizen. I won't be able to go there if I have to pay for the Overseas fees. My father is working for an Italian company meaning that he is paying taxes in Italy.

Phone the uni/student finance services
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Edmodo

When you do phone up finance services if they give you a wishy washy answer keep phoning them up. I had to keep contacting SF England and they gave me a different answer every time. Eventually if you act like a painful pair of underpants that keep riding up their arsecracks then they'll do something to sort out the situation.
Original post by Edmodo

Where you are resident (for the 3 years before you start) is the deciding factor, so I believe that your overseas fee status is correct. Citizenship, or where you pay tax, is irrelevant if you were not ordinarily resident in the EU for those 3 years.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending