meels1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, I just recently started studying for GCSE and i am lost asf!
I'm that type of person who gets distracted easily and i really need to ace my exams, my whole life depends on this.
Any advice or study tips, that would be really helpful, like I said my whole life depends on this.
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by meels1)
Hey guys, I just recently started studying for GCSE and i am lost asf!
I'm that type of person who gets distracted easily and i really need to ace my exams, my whole life depends on this.
Any advice or study tips, that would be really helpful, like I said my whole life depends on this.
Hey meels1! My best study tips are:

• Get a copy of the specification for each of your subjects, so you know exactly what you need to learn
  • Make your revision notes early, using the specifications for guidance, ideally as you are going along. Ensure you leave yourself plenty of time to revise them before the exams!
  • Attempt past papers under timed conditions if you can - doing this helps you to identify topics you're least confident on and also gets you familiar with the layout and style of questions in the exam
  • Ask your teachers for help if you're unsure about any of the content, if you don't understand something early on in a topic then it may hinder your understanding of the rest of it
  • Consider creating a revision timetable for yourself. Make a list of the topics you want to revise each day and then learn them. I don't recommend trying to revise during specific times or doing a certain number of hours, that can just prove to be more stressful and you probably won't be able to stick to it for long.
  • Minimise distractions - turn off your phone, laptop etc, unless you need them for internet research or typing up your notes, find a quiet location to work where you won't be disturbed by family members, etc.

Good luck!
meels1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Hey meels1! My best study tips are:

• Get a copy of the specification for each of your subjects, so you know exactly what you need to learn
  • Make your revision notes early, using the specifications for guidance, ideally as you are going along. Ensure you leave yourself plenty of time to revise them before the exams!
  • Attempt past papers under timed conditions if you can - doing this helps you to identify topics you're least confident on and also gets you familiar with the layout and style of questions in the exam
  • Ask your teachers for help if you're unsure about any of the content, if you don't understand something early on in a topic then it may hinder your understanding of the rest of it
  • Consider creating a revision timetable for yourself. Make a list of the topics you want to revise each day and then learn them. I don't recommend trying to revise during specific times or doing a certain number of hours, that can just prove to be more stressful and you probably won't be able to stick to it for long.
  • Minimise distractions - turn off your phone, laptop etc, unless you need them for internet research or typing up your notes, find a quiet location to work where you won't be disturbed by family members, etc.

Good luck!
Thank you so much, i'll be sure to put it into use
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (105)
60.69%
No (35)
20.23%
Not sure (33)
19.08%

Watched Threads