Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Editors are such a cool band right now I'm loving there song munich and smoking outside hospital doors.

ReputationRep:
    munich was avery good song but they over complicate there music me thinks.
    a poor mans version of interpol though really to me.

better than the likes of the kooks , kaiser chiefs and that lot but i don't think there amazing.

ReputationRep:
    They're OK.

ReputationRep:
    They're awesome. Their latest album was a masterpiece.

ReputationRep:
    T'was indeed. Munich and the awesome Smokers outsidethe hospital doors are amazing songs.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't overly keen on them in the beginning but I love them now, they're one of those bands that has grown on me and that rarely happens. I really don't like the "a poor man's Interpol" thing that's going around though.

ReputationRep:
    I love Editors! They played a live acoustic session on my local radio last night

ReputationRep:
    The Editors are great ;yes; I love 'Munich' and 'An end has a start'

ReputationRep:
    Yess... both editors' albums have been nothing short of crackin'

ReputationRep:
    Cracka-Lackin'

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Not bad, but the ultimate thing is - POOR MAN'S INTERPOL

neither Editors album even comes close to Antics.

ReputationRep:
    ^How original of you to say that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyRich89)

neither Editors album even comes close to Antics.
    That's your opinion, but the ultimate this is - THIS ISN'T AN INTERPOL THREAD.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down there, i'm just speaking the truth

ReputationRep:
    its fair to mention interpol as we don't want people to get carried away with themselves.

it just puts it into perspective as they are not as good as interpol so calm down you editors fans.

^^^ i actually thought there 1st album was better.

ReputationRep:
    i like all their albums, but ANTICS was the one that clicked most with me. TOTBL is good though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyRich89)

Who are supposedly, in turn, a poor man's Joy Division. Who honestly cares though, just take the bands for what they are and have done. The whole "Poor Man's" analysis is dull.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the only one who thinks Editors are quite Joy Division (not a bad thing at all), although SOTHD was a little too R.E.M for my liking. All Sparks is ****ing awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloodredbeat)
    That's your opinion, but the ultimate this is - THIS ISN'T AN INTERPOL THREAD.
    I agree with you BLOODREDBEAT being the thread starter AND ALL this isnt an interpol thread.. i here what your saying RichyRich89 but all the same Editors are good and we dont need a theory on whether its better than this band or not!!
    Editors are GREAT!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.